White symbols won't show up on white backgrounds, making the camera seem broken

jidanni
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Zenfone 3
Firmware Version:Latest
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:When taking a picture on a white background
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):com.asus.camera Latest
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please see github com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/4655 for bug details.
11 REPLIES 11

Falcon_ASUS
ZT-2738728e

Yes.

I did provide you with a link, above.

But, due to "not being around long enough", I was forced to chop the link in half.

I am sure,

that you can paste it back together.

View post
@ZT-2738728e
Unfortunately, I still I can't confirm the screenshot. Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage) and check again.

jidanni
Star II
OK, here's the image:
e.jpg
As you can see, the two symbols on the bottom, would be totally lost if, instead of the grey background here, there was a white background.

Sure, one could say "the user should remember never to take pictures where there is a white background."

jidanni
Star II
A better solution would be to yes, have the current symbols, but add black borders, protecting them from ANY background!

Falcon_ASUS
jidanni

OK, here's the image:

e.jpg

As you can see, the two symbols on the bottom, would be totally lost if, instead of the grey background here, there was a white background.

Sure, one could say "the user should remember never to take pictures where there is a white background."

View post
@jidanni
The photo you provided should not be our camera app UI.
Our camera app UI is as follows
screenshot-20211028-114154.jpg

jidanni
Star II
I was going to post this:
20211028t230018.jpg
Maybe you can make my account be around a little longer, and I will post it.