Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming F15 - WIFI Icon Disappear

Skynet
Star II
System: windows 10 x64
Model: asus tuf gaming f15 fx506Li

i got my laptop about a year ago. my laptop haven't get any damage at all. its totally in safety.
but in last month, i have an issue with WIFI. my wifi is: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
so suddenly for no reason , this wifi will disappear like i have not any wifi on m system but i can see that in Device manager , wifi is available but have a yellow error beside it's icon. and same time in "universal serial bus controllers" part , ill see an usb have a same error with an yellow error beside it.
and at this location: "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections", i can see my WIFI connection or network dosen't exist at all.

the things that i have tried to fix Problem:
change windows
restore windows
update windows
update driver
roll back to old drivers
network rest
restart system
my ASUS diagnosing
windows diagnosing
uninstalling driver
install the original drivers
disable and enable the wifi and usb(the one with error)
removing VPN networks
stop using VPNs
uninstalling VPNs
update Bios to 309 and then 310
rollback Bios to 307

NONE of these won't work to fix my problem. i'll still see the error.
BUT , if i shut down my laptop completely , and then i turn it on again , i'll see my wifi is now going to work.
but wont take much long , after couple days again the wifi will get disable. like this:
1.jpg

b.png

====> the Errors that i get for WIFI driver are:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
===> (after a while error will change to this)
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

====> Unknown USB error:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

these errors are what i get. and have no idea for them.
=> that USB error i can see it sometimes and some times its just an WIFI error and there is no USB error. i don't know why.

So what should i do about this ?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Skynet
Star II
lordergame10

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228178#Comment_228178

How did you fix it? Could you tell? I have been dealing with the same problem.

View post
i removed the colpad and but the laptop on a flat surface and it worked great. but after a week almost , i got the error again. so as i see this is a hardware problem. now im sure about it so imma give 3 suggestions.

My Suggestions:
Give your laptop to warranty or factory to fix it.
Use cable for connecting to router.
Use External WIFI device.

let me explain each one:
1) warranty its a good way , but takes much time and i have not a good memory about it, last time i did and i got my laptop with lot physical damage and EXTRA DAMAGED Battery. so its not a good way. at least for me because i am in IRAN.😑
2) its great option, using LAN for connecting to router , higher internet speed for sure you'll have.
3) its a great idea , you'll see the problem is from your laptop or WIFI. and you can use a device to make your USB to multi USBs so you won't lose anything. its great way. if the external wifi got the same problem, then check it on other systems and had problem so its from wifi, but if external wifi only have problem for you so your laptop have a problem so SURE GIVE IT To warranty to check your laptop.

this is all i knew about this WIFI problem. hope it help everyone , if anyone know anything we'll be glad to hear it.
Hope it help you.😊♥️

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.