Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forget screen lock password for Zenphone3

Noolek
Star I

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Noolek 
If you've forgotten the screen lock password for your Zenfone 3, you have a few options:

1. Use your Google account to unlock your phone: After multiple incorrect attempts at unlocking your phone, you should see an option to "Unlock with Google account." Enter the email address and password associated with your Google account and follow the prompts to reset your screen lock.

2. Use Find My Device to reset your screen lock: If you've previously enabled the Find My Device feature on your Zenfone 3 and your phone is connected to the internet, you can use this feature to remotely reset your screen lock. Log in to your Google account on a computer or another device, go to the Find My Device website, select your Zenfone 3, and click "Erase Device."

3. Perform a factory reset: If you're unable to unlock your phone using the above methods, you may need to perform a factory reset. This will erase all data on your phone, including the screen lock password. To perform a factory reset, turn off your Zenfone 3, then press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the phone vibrates. Release the Power button but continue holding the Volume Down button until you see the Android logo. Use the Volume Down button to navigate to "Wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it. Confirm that you want to perform a factory reset, then wait for the process to complete.

Can't unlock your Android device 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.