Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF gaming A15 FA506IU
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS: Windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:My built in webcam seems to have ceased to exist. Two weeks ago it worked fine but now it only shows "link to MyAsus shared cam." I have linked it and now the only way I can use a webcam is with my phone camera. I don't want to do that, I bought this laptop specifically so I could use the webcam. How do I re-enable my built in webcam?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please update ASUS System Control Interface driver to version V3.0.9.30
and MyASUS APP to version 3.0.11.0
Let me know if any.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

matt2moody
Star I
I bought this laptop to specifically use the webcam on zoom and it has never worked, It will work on zoom test, but when I join the meeting it says camera not detected. So today after months of this, I called customer support and was told this person had not heard of this problem. They directed me through update bios and NOW I have this same problem as you. No zoom camera and ONLY an option for link to MyAsus shared cam. Very frustrating, pretty sure I'm sorry I bought this laptop. I sure hope this can be worked out. Thanks for asking this question today.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both,
Is the camera listed in device manager?
Can you check if there is any error message there?
Was there any specific update before the issue occurred? We can check the update history together.
Also, if you open the built in microsoft camera app, is the camera detected?
Thank you.

jas_gothard
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear both,

Is the camera listed in device manager?

Can you check if there is any error message there?

Was there any specific update before the issue occurred? We can check the update history together.

Also, if you open the built in microsoft camera app, is the camera detected?

Thank you.

View post
The camera is not listed in device manager. There are no error messages there either. I have not used the webcam in a few weeks but it worked fine then. I have the same problem when i open the built in camera app.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Are you all having FA506 model?
Please share some screenshot of where you see this "link to MyAsus shared cam."
and your recent update history in Windows settings>update &security>view update history,
or in MyASUS.
If you uninstall the MyASUS app and ASUS system control interface driver, does it help?
Thank you so much.