This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF FX505D FX505DT STUCK ASUS LOGO SCREEN AND CAN'T ACCESS BIOS AFTER INSTALLING SSD M.2 NVME S

taufiq_amd64
Star II
System: Windows 10 Home V 1909 (Build 1833.836)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF FX505DT HD
Frequency of occurrence: Frequency
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
I have been using Asus TUF FX505DT since 1 week ago.
yesterday i just bought a WD Blue SN550 M.2 SSD NVMe 500GB (support pcie gen3 upto lane 4).
After this SDD is installed in slot M.2, then I power on this laptop, but stuck on the Asus logo screen. none of the F1-F12-DEL-ESC keys work. except the power button to turn off the laptop. (sv nvme must be removed for my laptop to boot)

After that incident, I did a search on the internet, and found quite a number of cases happened to other people. they have updated the bios to version 310, settings related to m.2 / nvme in the bios, but it didn't solve the problem.
so they must to remove SSD or replace the SSD with specific brand / type to make their tuf laptop could boot again.

please provide clear information regarding this issue.
what causes this to happen?
what ways can be done to fix this problem?

For the Asus Support Team, please submit this issue to the relevant team for immediate correction. because many Asus FX505D users find this.

thank you very much in advance for the answers and support!🙏
Stuck on asus logo screen:
RVTA9A3W3OK0.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

nico_marini
Star I
they updated to version 310 on the gx502 too and I don't know yet if I should udate or not your problem is porbably related to the nvme settings in bios, after you update the bios settings reset, try to change storage tecnology from the intel one to AHCI it should fix the issue

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello taufiq,
I'm sorry that we are not able to guarantee the comparability for all kinds of NVMe SSD.
Below are the one we have tested.
HYNIX-HFM128GDJTNG
Kingston-RBUSNS8154P3
Thank you, and your opinion has been reported.

taufiq_amd64
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello taufiq,

I'm sorry that we are not able to guarantee the comparability for all kinds of NVMe SSD.

Below are the one we have tested.

HYNIX-HFM128GDJTNG

Kingston-RBUSNS8154P3

Thank you, and your opinion has been reported.

View post
thank you for your response & information!

regarding this problem, I just got info from a forum, from asus tuf fx505DY users.
that he can finally use the WD blue SN550 nvme SSD on his laptop. the way he does is upgrade the bios to version 315.

can this solution also work on tuf FX505DD / DT / DU?
to this day the latest bios available for this model are still 310.

will we also get bios update version 315 or the like that can fix the problem with NVME compatibility on DD / DT / DU series laptops?

jeff09011986
Star I
Any update on this issue? They already realy a Bios update version 314 for asus tuf xf505.