cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi XD6 AiMesh node disconnecting

pjmagneto
Star II

Hi

I have a ZenWiFi XD6 with 2 nodes, and I have been experiencing problems since day 1. 

First of all when I try to add the secondary node to AiMesh, after searching for it for about 3 min or so it just fails but the other Node comes up in the list afterwards. So there is no message that it was successfully but it's already there. 

Then when I move the second node to another room, even though the connection is strong the node keep disconnecting or doesn't connect at all. after changing the 5G channel to 61 I managed to get some stable connections but every now and then the node just disconnects and never connects back. 

And on top of that, every single time it disconnects I have to reset it to factory default and configure it again. I have to reconfigure it if I reboot the main router. 

I have contacted the support team and provided them with the logs but they were useless. their last suggestion is to take it to the store I bought it from and replicate the problem. I bought this from Amazon, I can't take it to the store. 

I was hoping there is someone who had this problem because I am getting really frustrated with Asus lack of support.

Any help is appreciated, 

Currently running firmware : 3.0.0.4.388_21380-g4fa255a

9 REPLIES 9

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @pjmagneto ,

according to your question, may I ask have you monitor how many devices are connected to the AiMesh node and how good the reception is from the AiMesh router?

Could you provdie the screenshot of the information as shown in the following picture?

8f6969ee-2b86-495a-8583-b32d76a74da9.jpg
Have you try to move AI Mesh node and AiMesh router closer toward each other?

Have you try to cross test with other WiFi to confirm the issue?

What do you mean changing 5G channel to 61? Could you provide the screenshot of it?

After you factory reset your router, whether the router can detect the two nodes?

Also, could you provide the two nodes product model?

You can also refer to the following FAQ.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035141

Thank you.

Hi

Not many clients are connected to secondary Node, about 4 to 5 max.

Here is the screenshot of the signal

signal.jpg

Have you try to move AI Mesh node and AiMesh router closer toward each other?

The nodes are as close as possible to each other and RSSI connection from Node 2 to primary Node is -47dBm which shows a great connection.

Have you try to cross test with other WiFi to confirm the issue?

I don't know what you mean by corss test? This is the only devices I have that support AiMesh.

What do you mean changing 5G channel to 61? Could you provide the screenshot of it?

Wireless control channel for 5G is set to 64 manually

5G.jpg

After you factory reset your router, whether the router can detect the two nodes?

I get the below message every time I try adding the new node even if they are sitting next to each other but the Node shows up on the AiMesh anyway. However I have to do this every time I reboot any of the devices.

mesh.jpg

Also, could you provide the two nodes product model?

Both AiMesh router and node are AX5400 Dual Band WiFi Router Model: XD6

Hi @pjmagneto , 

there're some question that need to confirm with you.

1. Whether you mean you have one main router and you want to connect two nodes? And all the models are XD6?
  2. Have you ensure that your ZenWiFi XD6 system is running the latest firmware version?
  3. Are you able to connect properly with the first node, but experiencing issues with the second node?

If the node keeps disconnecting issue persists, we kindly request you to report the problem through feedback. Please follow the steps below to report the issue through the Web GUI interface:

1. Connect your device (PC, laptop, etc.) to the router and open the Web GUI interface (http://router.asus.com/) in your web browser.
  2. Click on "System Management" and then select "Issue Report."
    Fill in your location, email address (required), ASUS service/case number, problem type, and problem description.
    Please read and agree to the privacy policy and relevant terms of service.
  3. Click "Submit" to submit your form.

Additionally, please provide the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email used for the feedback report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Thank you.

Hi,

It was a 2 pair XD6 pack bought together and one is being used as primary router and other one used as the node which is visible on the screenshot in my last post. It shows 1 node, and they are all on the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.388_21380-g4fa255a. And all the problems are with the node.

This is the setup:

one XD6 being used as the router and one XD6 as the node. The problems are with the node that disconnects from the router. I swapped the devices per ASUS support recommendation but having the same problem.

and I don't see anything called System Management, do mean to use the feedback button?