This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-BE88U Works Fine for Clients, but Administrative Features Can't Access Internet

Basspig
Star II

I just installed an RT-BE88U router and amazingly, got my web server, streaming video server and NAS and all IoT devices working flawlessly.

The only issues seem to be with internal "bells & whistles" type features, such as the internet speed test and firmware updater. They cannot access the internet. Even though the internet status is "connected" and all client PCs have internet. It's baffling. What feature is not enabled that makes this not work? Or are these features not yet implemented in firmware?

Basspig_2-1726018591250.png

Basspig_0-1726018525897.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since that was updated, I wonder if you can go back to getting the DNS automatically/from the ISP, and it now works properly...

I have never seen the speed test not work.  But I have seen the firmware update check fail to connect with update server many times....

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Basspig
Star II

Found solution to the speedtest not working: had to explicitly assign a DNS server to the router, not "get from ISP" or auto.

Basspig_0-1726102099022.png

jzchen
Zen Master I

The Signature version field is there because you have enabled AiProtection.  But 2.066 may be old.  Please use the Check button to check for updates.

Basspig
Star II

Prior to adding the DNS entry, I was unable to check version as well, but now it is working and up to date.

Basspig_0-1726176810923.png

Pardon my poor editing skills, but please see attached for my concern.

1000003439.png