This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pair of MA-25 adapters 2024 could not connect to an existing pair of old MA-25 adapters (2022)

siots888
Star I

I have an old 2022 pair of MoCA Adapter MA-25. It is working flawlessly as my internet backhaul between living room & master bedroom. I bought a new pair recently to expand my internet to the other 2 bedrooms. I've connected one of the new adapter directly to the old adapter in living room as part of my check to make sure it's working. The 2 adapters (old & new) couldn't pair by pressing MPS button. I tried different MPS button press combinations (pressed MPS on new adapter only, pressed MPS on old adapter only & pressed MPS on both adapter at the same time - I unplugged & replugged the adapters every MPS combinations ) and nothing worked. I thought the 1st new adapter was faulty. So, I tried the 2nd new adapter & the result is the same as the 1st new adapter.

So I replaced my living room old adapter with the new adapter (swapped). The new adapter now became the source of signal and old adapter as being tested. The result was the same as above... new and old adapter could not pair.

Next, I used both new adapters as source & being tested. They worked fine. So, pairing the 2  old adapters only worked without problem. Pairing 2 new adapters only worked without problem. Pairing problem is only between old and new adapters. I've also noticed the 2 old adapter's security indicator does not light up. The 2 new adapter's security indicator lights up after turning the unit on. I hope someone can help on this. Thank you

0 REPLIES 0