This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lan clients not display DSL-AC88U

petcar
Star I

Following a firmware upgrade (DSL_AC88U) on October 22 there is no longer any list displaying lan client addresses and information. Enabling Guest WiFI  did not fix . Big problem. Any ideas welcome thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

jzchen
Zen Master I

Last firmware release for this model was 2021.  Maybe try hard resetting and setting up from scratch.

Good suggestion and thanks @Jjchen but.... when I first unboxed and set it up, the display of lan clients on the right hand side of the web interface was working 100%. The following day (thinking I was being sensible) I did a firmware upgrade. This likely got me to the 2021 version you referenced. 

Following that upgrade, the client list panel was empty and no amount of refresh brought it back. I has three wired clients and two wireless clients running off it, but none is listed. I am thinking the problem relates to this firmware??

In other Googling around the web it appears I am not Robinson Crusoe and plenty of other users have encountered the same problem. Noted that in some instances, enabling the Guest Wifi solved the problem (yes strange, and inexplicable)

Appreciate your comment.

A couple of possibilities from my experience with ASUS routers over the years:

1. Yes the new firmware has a bug, which reverting back to an older one may help.

2. The installation of the "new" firmware does not complete unless a hard reset is performed.  There can be a bug in the installation process that is resolved with the reset.

Since the latest firmware has been around for so long now I am leaning towards number 2, otherwise I'd expect a newer version as others would have complained and ASUS should have published another newer one to resolve the issue.

Forgot to mention I did a factory reset after the upgrade.

I like the idea of reverting to the earlier firmware. How do I go about doing that, do you know?

Thanks