This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IoT network with XT9 ?

0ID
Star III

Hello, it is possible to set up an IoT network with a two XT9 device combination in AP mode  ?

If yes, how to do it?

On this network, in 2.4 band, will be only a robotic vacuum cleaner. It will be possible to control it with an iPhone from the 5 GHz network, or I need an extra phone in 2.4 band only for control?

I would like to do this to cut the vacuum cleaner access to my home network and no other device is (will be) in the 2.4 band.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

0ID
Star III

P.S. I use different SSID's for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

MarkWood21
Star II

@0ID wrote:

Hello, it is possible to set up an IoT network with a two XT9 device combination in AP mode  ?

If yes, how to do it?

On this network, in 2.4 band, will be only a robotic vacuum cleaner. It will be possible to control it with an iPhone from the 5 GHz network, or I need an extra phone in 2.4 band only for control?

I would like to do this to cut the vacuum cleaner access to my home network and no other device is (will be) in the 2.4 band.

Thank you

Yes, you can set up two XT9 devices in AP mode and isolate the 2.4 GHz band for your robotic vacuum cleaner. To control the vacuum with your iPhone on the 5 GHz network, ensure both bands are on the same network. This setup allows control without giving the vacuum access to your main network.

Thank you MarkWood21

what exactly you mean with "isolate the 2.4 GHz band"?