This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for Unified Internet Time Management for Kids

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution that allows me to allocate a fixed amount of internet time per day for each of my kids. They use Android tablets and phones, as well as FireTV.

I haven't been able to find an app that provides a global daily time limit, say 60 minutes, which they can then use across all their devices. Google's Family Link only allows me to set time limits per device, which isn't the same as setting a time limit per child. Additionally, it doesn't work with FireTV.

I'm considering a solution similar to the systems used in airports or hotels, where you connect to the internet, get redirected to a website to enter your name and agree to the terms of service, and then a timer starts. If I could create users and assign them time, my kids could manage their internet time across all their devices.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I could achieve this using an ASUS router?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jon791
Star I

Hello, @UnArgPorElMundo receiptify spotify login

Setting up a global daily internet time limit across multiple devices can be tricky, but using an ASUS router with parental controls is a good solution. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can achieve this:

Update Router Firmware: Ensure your ASUS router firmware is up to date.
Access Router Settings: Log in to your router’s web interface.
Set Up Parental Controls: Create profiles for each child, assign their devices, and set daily internet usage limits.
Use ASUS Router App: Create profiles and set online/offline schedules via the app.
Monitor and Adjust: Check usage reports and adjust schedules as needed.
This way, you can manage your kids’ internet time across all their devices.

If you need more help, just let me know!

Best regards

Jon ralph