This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DNS question

Where do I find the DNS of my AX3000 router.  I'm installing a device and it can't find the device.  When I try to connect manually, it won't let me leave the DNS field blank.  I see in Asus web page I can select from various DNS numbers (e.g., Google), but I have no idea which one to use.

2 REPLIES 2

florence023
Star I

@requiredusernamhealthinsurancemarket wrote:

Where do I find the DNS of my AX3000 router.  I'm installing a device and it can't find the device.  When I try to connect manually, it won't let me leave the DNS field blank.  I see in Asus web page I can select from various DNS numbers (e.g., Google), but I have no idea which one to use.

Hello,

To find the DNS settings for your ASUS AX3000 router, follow these steps:

Open a web browser and enter the router’s IP address (usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) in the address bar.
Log in using your router’s admin credentials (default username: admin, default password: admin).
Navigate to the DNS Settings:
Once logged in, go to the WAN or Internet Connection section.
Look for the DNS settings or DNS server option.
Choose a DNS Server:
By default, your router might be set to obtain DNS automatically from your ISP.
If you want to manually set DNS servers, select “Use the Following DNS Addresses” or a similar option.
For reliable DNS servers, consider using Google’s DNS:
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4
Save Changes:
Click Save or Apply to save your changes.
Remember to restart your router or device after making any DNS changes.

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
florence023

MarkWood21
Star II

@requiredusernam wrote:

Where do I find the DNS of my AX3000 router.  I'm installing a device and it can't find the device.  When I try to connect manually, it won't let me leave the DNS field blank. Dgmeinsider I see in Asus web page I can select from various DNS numbers (e.g., Google), but I have no idea which one to use.

To find the DNS settings on your AX3000 router, log into the router’s web interface using its IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.1), navigate to the Network or WAN settings, and look for the DNS section. You can use popular public DNS servers like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1), or OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) if needed.