This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX89X - After Update - Bugs wifi 5ghz

Funstaf
Star II

Hello, I saw on the support site that there is a newer firmware (ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_32407). I performed an update and after restarting my router, I could no longer see or connect to the 5Ghz wifi on my different devices. In addition, on wifi 6 mode the AX mode was not visible (only N/AC). Unable to connect anymore, I decided to revert to the previous version (ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47468).

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take screenshots. If you ever want to have one, I will do another test to show you the differences.

Can you tell me if it is normal that the 5Ghz wifi is no longer visible on the new firmware version please?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Funstaf ,

thanks for the feedback.

Based on your issue, may I confirm if, after updating to version 3.0.0.4.388_32407, and selecting "auto" in wireless mode, the Wi-Fi 6 mode still doesn't appear? Regarding the problem of not being able to connect to the 5G network, could you please provide the MAC addresses of all your devices and the feedback log? You can submit a feedback form through the Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com). Here's how to do it:

1. Connect your device to your router and log in to the Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
  2. Find "Administration," and click on "Feedback."
  3. Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No. (not required), select the feedback problem, and provide a description. You can also write down any comments or suggestions. More details can help us analyze the issue more efficiently.
  4. Read the agreement and click "I agree."
  5. Click "Send" to submit your feedback.

Afterward, please send the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message. Thank you.

Dogbreath
Star I

I had to roll back to previous firmware. This latest 3.0.0.4.388_32407 did some strange things to my nodes switching back and forth between 2.4 and 5 GHz often times kicking a lot of things off Wi-Fi all together. Since rolling back i why my system has been completely stable

Good evening, I too went back to the old version because this version is weird. It is lighter than the old version, plus it is not stable at all.
Looking forward to a new update which will have the merit of working CORRECTLY...