This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PCE-AC88 Wireless Adapter Disconnection Problems

mamir5
Star I

This wifi card is amazing and really fast but this one issue is just driving me crazy. No matter what drivers I install (I've installed the one from their site, the broadcom one, lenovo one) and all have the same problem, the random crashing of the whole pcie adapter itself. And the only real solution is to restart the computer by force.

Now, this problem is not relating to the card itself, but rather the driver. Every time it crashes I check on the event log and it says that it crashed due to an unexpected error but because it's a driver there's 0 information about the crash. How is such a good card, that is recommended everywhere still having a basic problem? I'm sure ASUS can solve it themselves with a simple update. If the problem is within the NIC itself then they should fix it instead of ignoring it. This product here is probably the main reason why I won't ever buy another ASUS product again. When it comes to support, there's 0 help.

I'm just wanting to know if anyone here has any real solutions that workeed well for them?

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @mamir5 ,

based on your issue, may I ask what product you are connecting with the PCE-AC88?

Is it a router or a desktop computer? Please provide the model of the connected product.

Have you correctly installed it into a PCIe slot, and have you tried switching to a different slot?

Can you provide a screenshot related to the event log that indicates a crash due to an unexpected error?

Have you updated to version 2.8.0.7?

For PCE-AC88 it support OS version Win7/ Win10, please confirm which OS version you're now install.

PCE-AC88|Adapters|ASUS Global

Thank you.