This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all antennas on the ASUS RT-AX88U Pro the same, freely interchangeable?

libork
Star I

I bought three pieces of ASUS RT-AX88U Pro router. I unpacked all antennas from the package at once. Now I see that each antenna has a numerical marking on the bottom inside, e.g.: D2, D5, D6. Are all antennas the same, freely interchangeable between these individual routers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jzchen
Rising Star II

If there are no markings on the RT-AX88U Pros to match up with those I highly doubt you need to worry about which goes where, especially since you seem to can't distinguish among them beyond the marking.

(I'd personally just connect all D2 to one, D5 another, etc).  If for some strange reason you have an issue because of mixing, I do not believe that is actually the problem.  Call/Contact ASUS support.  (I suspect they'll tell you similar).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Rising Star II

If there are no markings on the RT-AX88U Pros to match up with those I highly doubt you need to worry about which goes where, especially since you seem to can't distinguish among them beyond the marking.

(I'd personally just connect all D2 to one, D5 another, etc).  If for some strange reason you have an issue because of mixing, I do not believe that is actually the problem.  Call/Contact ASUS support.  (I suspect they'll tell you similar).

Thank you for your reply,
the problem is that I have 12pcs antennas and 3pcs routers. I never have 4 antennas with the same marking, at most 3pcs of antennas have the same marking (e.g. D5). That's why I was confused, so I asked just to be sure 🙂