This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z10PE-D16 WS follow on product

slicksister
Star I

I've been using an ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard since 2017 and feel like it's time to upgrade.  Are there any plans for ASUS to offer something similar for the intel LGA 4677 / 7529 socket?  ASRock offers the SP2C741D16X-2T that supports dual socket 4th Gen Intel Xeon processors, but I'd prefer to stay with ASUS if possible.  I'm looking for updated CPU socket, PCIE, USB, and number of M.2 ports.  Otherwise, I'm happy with the Z10PE-D16 WS.  Any plans?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @slicksister 

We recommend that you use the search function at the top of the ASUS official website under the motherboard category and apply relevant filters on the left side to further confirm whether there are models that meet your specifications.

Thank you.

slicksister
Star I

Just as you have done, I searched the ASUS website and found no DUAL SOCKET Xeon LGA 4677 motherboards.  The Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard supports DUAL SOCKET Xeon LGA 2011-3 and I'd like to keep the same features, such as 8 channels of DRAM with ECC, but with more modern interface standards, such as PCIE 5 (or even gen 6) and maybe a few more M.2 ports.  ASRock has the SP2C741D16X-2T and Gigabyte has the MS73-HB2, both supporting DUAL SOCKET Xeon LGA 4677 with C741 chipset.  As I've had good experience with ASUS motherboards, I was curious if ASUS planned any DUAL SOCKET Xeon LGA 4677 motherboards comparable to their earlier Z10PE-D16 WS motherboards.

But after reading about the upcoming Granite Rapids generation of Xeon processors using a new socket, probably not compatible with the LGA 4677, I'm thinking I should wait 12-15 months for one of those.  Also giving me time to save up my pennies.   So, I guess I'm also asking about future plans for DUAL SOCKET Xeon support from ASUS, as well.  🙂

Hello, @slicksister 

Regarding the release updates for the motherboard, we will promptly announce the information on the official website, if any.
Therefore, we recommend that you continue to stay informed by monitoring our official website.

Thank you for your support of ASUS.