This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB devices connected to my motherboard turn on and off all the time

ManuelDiaz
Star I

Hello, I'm going straight to the point. It turns out that 1 month ago I built my PC and chose an ASUS motherboard specifically Prime b760m-a d4 (although I see that many people have the problem with other motherboards) I think my problem is related to the motherboard chipset, since My technician who recommended I buy this motherboard has this same one on his PC and previously he had not noticed because he plays with a console control, but I play with peripherals (keyboard, mouse) and it hurts me more, but last night I mentioned the problem to my technician And he tried playing with a keyboard and mouse on his PC and after a while it started to fail. I say that the problem is in the chipset because he has the older version of my motherboard which is the Prime b760-plus d4 and what happens to him is not the model but the chipset. Well, the problem is that the keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals connected to the direct USB ports of the motherboard (rear USB) begin to fail and turn off and on simultaneously. This problem occurs mainly when I play games or do heavy tasks (which It makes me wonder (more charge?) and it is very annoying because I am playing and suddenly it crashes and I can lose the game, then I tried with the front USB ports in my case and they work without problems, the inconvenience is that I only have 2 and I don't go to buy a usb hub since these cause errors in some games (valorant, csgo/cs2) I can also opt for a usb hub that is not powered by the PC and has its own power cable from the mains, since you are trying it with it usb hub of my monitor connected to the rear usb and they do not fail because it is the monitor that powers the devices and not the rear usb port itself, I will choose to buy a PCI express with usb ports, but I am not happy with it since I bought this very expensive and new board and it is not possible that it comes with so many USBs and they cannot be used. I have been reading a lot of people with this problem, but there has never been a solution and now my technician is also scared because he has built many PCs for clients with this mother (chipset), he still has not received any complaints, so we have a somewhat silly theory It turns out that this mother comes prepared for Windows 11, but I suppose it is optional, I don't want Windows 11, I am happy with Windows 10, but the other clients that my technician has had go with Windows 11 and there have not yet been any complaints (although these clients do not play or do such heavy tasks that is where the failure begins), but my technician and I use Windows 10 and we have the problem. So we think maybe there is a problem with the compatibility of certain drivers or functionalities with Windows 10 and it won't happen with Windows 11, but this doesn't make sense so I'm not going to try it.

At first I thought it was a problem with my keyboard and my mouse but I have already changed it several times and the same thing happens with everyone, if anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

I already tried the following and nothing worked:

- Install drivers for Asmedia USB

- Update motherboard drivers (mainly the chipset driver)

- Update the bios

Evidence: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xEObkdLqNo0luwNvfOROGzRDVD9UezBH?usp=sharing 

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @ManuelDiaz 

Thank you for providing the context and video.
May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Based on your description, the mouse and keyboard connected to the rear panel of the board occasionally experience disconnection, while the USB ports on the case do not exhibit this issue. And you have cross-tested multiple sets of keyboards and mice, but the problem persists.
During the sudden disconnection issues, have you observed any instances of CPU or system overheating?
Regarding your concerns, may I inquire if you have updated the Intel Chipset Driver to version V10.1.19600.8418 and the BIOS to the latest version 1604 released on December 28, 2023, with a subsequent clear CMOS?
Furthermore, we recommend referring to [Notebook/Desktop/AIO/Motherboard/MiniPC] Troubleshooting - USB Functionality Issues for guidance.

Thank you.

First of all, the problem is from the beginning, the first time I played, I had just built the PC, the problem was present.

Then I tried several solutions, the first thing I did was update the chipset which didn't work at all, then I updated the bios and nothing worked either, I tried Windows 11 since I thought that since it was the latest generation it was more compatible with Windows 11, but It didn't work at all either.

From the beginning I have tried different devices because I thought that my keyboard and mouse could be failing, but I realized that this happened with everyone I tried, so I have come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the chipset or the motherboard in itself, since this only happens with the rear ports (they come directly increased on the motherboard), but with the "front ports, USB adapters/extensions, USB PCI Express or even those hubs that power the devices by themselves and only They send the data to the PC" everything works fine.

I see that it is not my motherboard that is defective because all the people I know who have the same model have the same thing, it is unfortunate that there are so many complaints in forums and on the internet and ASUS ignores us or turns a deaf ear to do nothing , I mean if ASUS wanted they would release a patch right now for this problem.

Hello, @ManuelDiaz 

May I confirm the following information and kindly ask for another video recording, capturing the CPU, GPU, and relevant temperature monitoring at the moment when the keyboard and mouse lose connection?
- the current BIOS version and the images of the setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, RAM (part number, installed slot as well), SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of the problem
For instance, does this issue typically occur after 5 minutes of gameplay or only after the system has been running for 30 minutes? Does it happen with specific games only?

Thank you.