This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThunderboltEx4 NVM31 downgrade tool

Pacecar
Star I

Hi there - Asus recently had a tool that would allow the downgrade of firmware on their ThunderboldEx4 card from NVM36 to NVM31 to support Thunderbolt 2 devices, however the tool is no longer available. Would anyone kindly have a link to the tool?

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33

Hi, please can you shed any light on why this was removed from the website? Is the plan for this to be supported long term as I have a £2K audio interface which could be useless if this was discontinued

Hello @ptumelty 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
We have received reports from some users with Thunderbolt-supported models experiencing issues after updating the firmware without first verifying the Thunderbolt device version.
To avoid confusion, we have removed the older versions from availability.
I have DM  you and kindly share the requested confirmation information at your convenience.

Thank you.

Hello @KedarWolf 

Please check the private message inbox at the top right of the forum to share with the requested information. 

Thank you.

Hello, 

The latest 2503 update (to "fix" the Intel degratation fiasco) is locking me out of the possibility to downgrade the Thunderbolt firmware, hence it's messing up my TB2 compatibility, which I need for all my studio gear. So I'm left with the choice of letting my $600 I9 chip degrade or to lose a couple thousand $$ in Thunderbolt2 studio equipment. It's any possible way to get a BIOS update that doesn't touch or mess the working thunderbolt firmware and compatibility with TB2/TB3? I know I'm not the only one in this situation. Thanks!

I had the same issue with my core i9 system with Asus rog formula motherboard with my thunderbolt 2 universal audio apollo 8.  @Jiaszzz_ASUS sent me the firmware downgrade program for my specific motherboard and that fixed my issue.  One thing also to note is that you may need to unplug computer from wall/power to get changes to be reflected/thunderbolt to be initialized.  

So you were able to get the latest BIOS with Intel 2503 microcode while keeping Thunderbolt2 compatibility?