This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThunderboltEx4 NVM31 downgrade tool

Pacecar
Star I

Hi there - Asus recently had a tool that would allow the downgrade of firmware on their ThunderboldEx4 card from NVM36 to NVM31 to support Thunderbolt 2 devices, however the tool is no longer available. Would anyone kindly have a link to the tool?

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33

KedarWolf
Star I

@Jiaszzz_ASUS Can I DM you my motherboard model etc. to get a downgrade EFI file. The one provided to me gives me an unsupported platform error. 😞

hackej
Star I

Hi!

I have a Z690 Pro Art Wifi mb and I am still on an old BIOS due to this issue with my Motu and Focusrite TB audio interfaces. The latest BIOS for Z690 Por Art is now "ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI BIOS 3802".

Is there a downgrade tool that will work if I would upgrade to latest BIOS and then use the downgrade tool?
Can you send me some info?

Regards
/Hackej

KedarWolf
Star I

If it helps anyone, on my ASUS X670E MB, I'm not supposed to be able do downgrade the Thunderbolt firmware if I've updated to the newest BIOS.

What works for me after upgrading to the newest BIOS, is downgrade with USB Flashback to an earlier AGESA like the 1709 BIOS, then upgrade from BIOS with EZ Flash to the one I want to run, in my case, 1904, then the downgrade tool works for me. Plus it fixes PC being buggy just downgrading directing from newest to 1904.

I think it gets around some things not downgrading correctly like the AGESA and firmwares, etc.

Audioeng80
Star I

@Jiaszzz_ASUS Hello!

It would be possible to get some insight about a BIOS update that can retain TB2 compatibility (NVM31) while upgrading the Intel microcode to 0x129 plus all the degradation fixes for us audio/video guys who can't afford to lose TB2 compatibility? 

Thanks!