This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q670M-C/CSM IS MISSING BIOS RAID OPTION

Hopefully ASUS sees this. Their customer support seems confused about this issue and want me to fill out a form for them to replicate the problem. Telling them to go get a board from the shelf and install ram and CPU and turn it on to see their manufacturing error is too confusing.

Advance -> PCH Storage configuration -> SATA Configuration (MISSING)

All drives show in PCH config

Rapid Storage tech shows in listing on advanced, shows no drives to be asigned.

Cannot turn on RAID FUNCTION

CURRENT BIOS VERSION 6211

7 REPLIES 7

For anyone finding this post, if you want RAID on your machine the work-around is to use the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Software to create a software RAID versus the hardware RAID.

It's not the best solution, but until ASUS figures out their mistake you have at least one solution that is "good enough."

Hello, @RedWormCharlie 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regarding the RAID configuration, we have provided detailed instructions in the [Motherboard] How to create RAID in BIOS Setup guide.
In order to pinpoint the exact reason for the inability to set up RAID, we need to confirm your current hardware specifications and BIOS settings. 
To better understand your situation, could you please provide the following information?
- the OS version and OS build, if the OS has been installed
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, DRAM, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the current system drive, the slots where related hard drives are installed, the use of any adapters, and their recognition status in the BIOS 
- a comprehensive video recording of the setup process, including the BIOS main page, configuration steps, and any steps that encounter issues, would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Did you read anything I posted? Do you understand what is being said?

DID YOU BOTHER TO LOOK AT THE PHOTOS PROVIDED?

"Regarding the RAID configuration, we have provided detailed instructions in the [Motherboard] How to create RAID in BIOS Setup guide." 

I am aware of this, it's been the same since the Q570, Q470, Q370, etc.

What you don't understand is that THE OPTION IS MISSING FROM THE BIOS AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURES YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

What is the deal with you people doing tech support at ASUS? NO ONE will look at the pictures. NO ONE will go get one of these motherboards, TURN IT ON AND TRY TO SET UP HARDWARE RAID WITH INTEL RST!

- the OS version and OS build, if the OS has been installed

THIS DOES NOT MATTER. YOU CANNOT SET UP RAID INTHE BIOS BECAUSE THE OPTION IS MISSING

- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, DRAM, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed

Intel i5 13400, On board video, Kingston DDR4, Seagate 1tb 2.5" SATA

"- the current system drive, the slots where related hard drives are installed, the use of any adapters, and their recognition status in the BIOS "

SATA 1 and SATA 2 - Tried in 3 and 4, tried in 5 and 6, tried mixed, DOESN'T MATTER. The drives show up in Advanced PCH Storage Configuration.  

THE OPTION TO TURN ON RAID IS MISSING

"- a comprehensive video recording of the setup process, including the BIOS main page, configuration steps, and any steps that encounter issues, would be greatly appreciated"

NO. I am not doing your work for you any more. I have told you the problem, I've spoken to people on the phone and explained the problem. I have supplied pictures. AND YOU DON'T SEMM TO UNDERSTAND AT ALL OF WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Go get a Q670M-C CSM from your shelves, install RAM and CPU. TURN IT ON AND TRY TO TURN ON HARDWAWRE INTEL RST RAID.

As I said in a reply, I found a workaround to use the software RAID function using Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software.