Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS z270e CPU fan speed not showing in BIOS or fan control apps

Paul-H
Star I

Hi all

I have a ASUS Z270e Motherboard which is on the whole working fine

The only issue I have is that the CPU fan speed is not shown in the Bios or when using fan control software like FanControl or FanSpeed

Oddly the Bios does not show any errors (NO CPU Fan) on boot and if I use the Fan control software to manually adjust the fan speed I can hear that the speed does actually adjust, just no indication of its RPM.

I at first thought it might be the fan on the CPU as its using the stock Intel box cooler ( I know I know) so today I fitted a new Cooler Master 212 fan and heatsink, but that made no difference.

Like I say its not affecting the running of the PC just annoying my OCD as the why its speed is not being detected or shown in the Bios etc.

Anyone got any thought s as to what the problem might be.

Thanks for any help with this.

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Paul-H 

May I ask if the BIOS not detecting the relevant fan happened after any changes were made?
For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Could you please specify the current BIOS version, and have you cleared the CMOS?
Would it be possible for you to provide screenshots or details from the BIOS interface?
We recommend referring to the E12349_Z270E_GAMING_BIOS Manual(English) to verify the relevant settings.

Thank you.

Paul-H
Star I

Hi

Thanks for the reply

First a history of this PC

My Son bought it brand new around 5 years ago, he wouldn't have looked at the BIOS to see the Fan was not being detected. He only used it for one game then went over to X-Box so the PC was turned off and stuck in a cupboard.

When my PC died a few weeks ago he gave it to me and it was when checking the settings I found the CPU fans speed was not being shown, but fans connected to the other headers where shown ok.  I did try a new CPU fan thinking the fan might be at fault but that maid no difference.

I updated the Bios to v1302 and even tried the BETA 1501 but that made no difference, I didn't clear the CMOS thinking that updating the BIOS would overwrite the CMOS is that a correct assumption.

The 2 fans that are working are 3 pin fans and the CPU fan is a 4 pin, does that make a difference.

Will try and to a screen shot of my Bios settings and add it later.

Thanks for trying to help.

Paul

Paul-H
Star I

Here is the screen capture 

231027131747.jpg