cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proart X670e creator wifi NO THUNDERBOLT

Ax3l
Star II

Hi,

I have an asus proart x670e-creator wifi motherboard and an amd 7950x3D along with 196gb of ram.

The problems I have with the motherboard is when I try to connect my apollo x8 thunderbolt.

If I connect it with the system started, it doesn't recognize it. If I connect it when the system is off and then start, it doesn't recognise it either(Untimely connections and disconnections preventing any use of the device)

In bios, I have the proper values ​​configured in AMD PBS, with the enable and no security options.

Can you help me?

i have a 40000euros studio and i can't even hear my speakers due to this mobo...

Please help, this problem is recurent whith all asus thunderbolt mobo, you perfectly know this problem...

A certain David had the right to have a custom bios from asus for his b550 pro, so i imagine it is possible for every others customers.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ax3l
Star II

I just found this:

Screenshot 2024-10-17 113002.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @Ax3l 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Could you please clarify if this issue occurred after the PC was first built or after using it for some time and occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or component replacement?
May I ask if your current BIOS has been up-to-date and what is your thunderbolt firmware version? Have you already updated the PD firmware to V004, and is the issue still the same?

If possible, please provide the relevant hardware and software specifications along with detailed information on the scenario for us to better understand the issue, such as the thunderbolt device (Apollo x8) specifications, which and how the thunderbolt device is connected to, the model of your current CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, the OS and OS build version, and an image of the BIOS main page. 

Additionally, we noticed that you posted the same content on ROG forum: proart x670e creator wifi NO THUNDERBOLT
We kindly suggest avoiding duplicate posts to prevent any potential confusion or discrepancies. 

Thank you.

HI, thank for your reply,

I have installed all the updates, Windows firmware bios etc.
My Apollo is recognized, it doesn't matter if I turn it on before or after starting the PC, but it suffers incessant disconnections, the Apollo is recognized as Thunderbolt 3 by the Thunderbolt Control Center, it appears on port 2 and disconnects instantly to reappear seconds later during sec and so on, UAD Connect does not detect the Apollo.
My PC and all its components are brand new.
The Apollo is well connected to the USB4 port compatible with Thunderbolt' on the Pro Art It is the middle USBC, connected via a Thunderbolt cable of course.
apparently some users were able to fix the problem via an NVM downgrade, David18 had a bios customized by you that solved this same problem on a B550.
Could there be competition with Intel and Apple that would prevent you from letting your customers use Thunderbolt as intended?
Thank you for your feedback, cordially.

Ax3l_4-1728469650955.png

Ax3l_3-1728469618870.png

Ax3l_2-1728469589914.png

Ax3l_1-1728469556331.png

Ax3l_0-1728469455547.png

Ax3l
Star II
Hello, it's been a while since I heard from you.
I have not been able to work for weeks because your card does not fulfill the function for which I bought it, I gave you all the information requested quickly.
Please help me...