This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 SVID Behaviour Option?

DxZev
Star I

Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a way to get the option for SVID behaviour in the PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 BIOS. Currently i'm experiencing issues where games are crashing; thermal throttling.

This happens across many games. I have reinstalled windows, updated drivers/BIOS, disabled cores for certain applications but the same issue persists.

I can be fighting a boss or standing still in Elden Ring; and the game will freeze & MAYBE close on it's own. Similarly with RDR2; the game will be playable -- I can move around, but nothing processes. E.g. Horses will neigh & do their business, but I can't actually interact with anyone, process any voice/story, or leave a small area else the graphics degrade due to anything far away not being processed.

As per article on intel, changing the SVID behaviour should correct this issue -- but this board's BIOS doesn't appear to have this option. Any ideas & assistance are much appreciated! 

Intel article in question: 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/I7-13700k-issues/m-p/1573557

Have also attached am image from Intel Extreme Tuning test AVX2 test.

CPU in use is an Intel i7-13700K.

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @DxZev 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Could you please confirm your current BIOS version and whether it has been updated to the latest version 1658 released on May 31, 2024?
We recommend referring to the instructions in "[Motherboard] Intel 13th and 14th Gen K-Series processor stability Improvement with Latest ASUS BIOS..." to adjust settings.
If the issue persists, please try cross-testing with another CPU.

Thank you.