cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 Bios Bug

Gunnarwish
Star III

Hi,

Bios PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 BIOS 1402 and PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 BIOS 1220 have a bug with ram memory.

I have DDR4 ram 3600mhz and when i enable XMP my ram speed stays at the lowest (2133mhz)

I need to go back to PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 BIOS 1205 to be able to run 3600mhz.

I went to the computer store and they also tested it out and confirmed that the bios is bugged.

I hope it gets fixed because this ia very big bug

Setup:

i5 12600K

PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4

Ram: Corsair Dominator DDR4 3600mhz

47 REPLIES 47

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Gunnarwish 

Thank you for reaching out.
After updating the BIOS, may I ask if you performed a Clear CMOS procedure beforehand?
Could you please provide the complete part number of the memory you are currently using, or confirm if the memory you are using is listed on the PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4-CSM official website under the CPU/Memory Support List > Memory/Device Support section?
We recommend referring to the "Check purchasing and installation guide" mentioned in the path above, as well as [Motherboard] How to query motherboard-supported CPU/memory lists (QVL), and confirming once more if your memory is installed in the recommended slots in the user manual.
If necessary, please try booting with a single memory module in the DIMM_A2 slot.

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes a clean CMOS procedure was done beforehand.

CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 is the partnummer and supported.

Nothing wrong with the ram it's the bios thats the issue.

On PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4 BIOS 1205 it works but anything higher does not.

Issue not solved

Hi,

Just adding that I had the same issue with BIOS 1220. I rolled back to 1205 to resolve issue. Had been in comms with ASUS over email about it. Exactly same problem, was stuck at default 2133mhz and XMP had no effect. Rolling back to 1205 BIOS was needed to fix the issue.

Good to see I shouldn't bother with the latest version either.

Setup:

i5 13400F

PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4

Ram: G.skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600mhz