This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about motherboard's CPU's compatibility

TonkaTruck
Star I

I have a ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING motherboard and inside I have a Ryzen 5 2600x CPU. I wanted to upgrade for a while but I didn't know where to start so I went to some friends and they said the motherboard couldn't support higher CPU's but then I came here and looked in my motherboards page ( https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b350-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_cpu/ ) it's showing a bunch of higher end CPU's being compatible with my motherboard. Who do I trust and take the info from in this case? because I really need to know how much money I need to save.

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @TonkaTruck 

Regarding the selection of a CPU for the motherboard, please refer to the support page on the official website under the specific model > CPU/Memory Support > CPU Support section for the list.
This model supports the CPUs specified in the CPU QVL, and there are corresponding BIOS versions that commence support.
For example, the Ryzen 5 2600X is listed in the ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING QVL, and it is supported beginning with BIOS version 3803.
Please refer to [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List? for more details.

Thank you.

lmacmil2
Star III

Make sure you update your BIOS to the latest available version before you upgrade your CPU.