This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS update

BbB1
Star I

Hello, I need to update BIOS but the version i want to download wants me to backup bitlocker recovery key which my windows version doesnt allow would i still be available to download it without any problem or what should i do?

2 REPLIES 2

Waltermydoin
Star II

I'm not sure which MOBO you're running but mine is a B760M-PLUS WIFI D4.  In that bios, I can update it but the best way to get the correct update file is to go to the ASUS support page where it asks for your serial number.  When you put that in, it will direct you to the correct downloads page for your board.  Once downloaded, extract files to a CLEAN USB drive and place in your PC.  Do a boot up and go to bios, use EZ flash.  It's under the Advanced, then TOOLS.  Direct it to where your USB drive is, look for the file and you should be able to flash/update your bios.

Hello, @BbB1 

May I ask what model of motherboard you are currently using and under what update method you encountered this prompt? Could you provide relevant screenshots?
Typically, ASUS offers three methods for updating the BIOS, and the supported methods may vary based on the model.
For more details, please refer to the guidance in [Motherboard] How to update BIOS of the motherboard ?(Include different generation CPU)

Thank you.