This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Power LED Blinking 3 times before normal boot

SW2024
Star I

Hello, I just bought a new motherboard from Asus and built my new PC, what I encountered is the CPU Power Led will blink 3 times before normal boot to Windows, what could be the issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @SW2024 

May I ask for the motherboard model you are currently using, and could you provide a photo of the CPU power LED?
Apart from the flashing indicator light, are there any other abnormalities during startup? For instance, issues like failure to boot or immediate entry into the BIOS.
If everything appears normal and you can successfully boot into the system, we recommend regular observation during routine use.

Thank you.

Hello, I am using the combination below:

Intel I5-12400f + ASUS Prime H610M-A WIFI D4 + MSI RTX 2060 Super + Kingston Fury DDR4 8GB x2

Apart from this, I am not facing any other issues and able to enter Windows normally, just that the led blinking seems weird and the blinking frequency is like 3 times every 2s, any clue?

SW2024_1-1705317214465.png

Hello, @SW2024 

Based on your description, it seems that the system can boot up correctly and operate without any abnormal issues. 
We recommend monitoring it during your regular usage. 

Thank you.

Hello, yes will do the monitoring but what could be the potential issue that causing this blinking? The blinking pattern looks like graphic card issue?