This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't boot after first time on AM5

1990eam
Star I

Hello there. I built a PC with an Asus Prime B650 Plus, Ryzen 7700x, 32GB Corsair @4800mhz and an AMD 6800XT.

I updated the motherboard BIOS version from 0823 to 1811 and I can't get the PC to boot after the first time. The first time the PC boots, it goes into memory training (gets restarted 2 or 3 times) and then it boots into Windows just fine.

However, when I restart the PC, it simply won't boot. No error beeps, no restarts, nothing. It won't post, keyboard doesn't turn on, nothing at all.

The only thing that works at that point is removing the motherboard battery for a couple minutes and booting again. Then, the memory training happens again, it boots into Windows fine, but after the PC is rebooted the problem arises again.

This happened the first time I booted after building the PC and prior to updating the BIOS, but after doing the whole process of removing the battery, etc. the PC booted up normally and was stable after (I used it for 2 days).

It's just after updating the BIOS that I can't get out of this loop..

I figured AM5 would be polished by now but it seems it's not the case..? Any suggestions?

Notes that might be useful:

Before updating BIOS, it suggested me to revert the BIOS settings to default. The only change that was applied was this:

20231124_101337.jpg

This is showed the first time it boots after removing the motherboard battery:

20231124_115652.jpg

BIOS version is the updated one:
20231124_115732.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

1990eam
Star I

EDIT: I read some post with not exactly the same problem but suggestion to change the Restore Memory Context from Auto to Enabled and that seemed to fix the error. It was hidden in one of the RAM settings dropdowns.

If someone could explain why that fixed it, or now understand what could be causing the issue, I'd be glad to understand it as well.

lmacmil2
Star III

I got that same screen on my B760M-A D4 board when I first turned it on.  Mine had defaulted to discrete TPM but my board does not have a TPM chip.  When I changed the BIOS to firmware TPM that screen did not appear and it booted normally.