This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not complete a windows 11 clean install.

Gunnytoo
Star I

I have a WS W680-ACE W680 LGA 1700 Motherboard, mounted in a corsair ATX case with a 1000 watt power supply. Intel Gen12 CPU, 32Gb DDR5 Corsair memory, 1 EVO970 1 TB SSD. The BIOS has been updated to 09-27-2024. The boot type is UEIF and I am trying to load Windows 11 Pro as a clean install. The install builds the image and readies all files and structure but fails at the last step. Microsoft error code is 0x8007025D and the POST code is A0. I can;t get past this step. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to complete? A return is NOT required as the MB is functioning as it should.

Gunnytoo

Twin Falls, ID

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Gunnytoo 

The latest BIOS version for the Pro WS W680-ACE is 2802, released on October 6, 2023.
We recommend updating to this version and rechecking.

Regarding the Q-Code A0 error, according to the [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE (Error CODE) and Troubleshooting guide, it indicates "Boot up device abnormal," which seems consistent with the "0x8007025D" code.
Did you install Windows via USB? We suggest cross-testing with different USB devices.
Also, for related steps, please refer to [Motherboard] How to install Windows 11?

Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I

Read errors might come from bad usb pendrive, or downloaded windows installation files that are corrupted.

Use another Good USB pen drive like sandisk 3.0 , download windows 11 23h2 iso from Microsoft website and then create a Windows bootable pen drive using Rufus software.then do a clean installation.

see  below article 

https://appuals.com/windows-cannot-install-required-files-0x8007025d

How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8007025D (howtoedge.com)