cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550M-K random restarts when using LAN port

Timmer
Star I

Hi,

I have a Prime B550M-K mobo with Ryzen 7 5900G processor. Corsair memory 2 x 8Gb, Samsung SSD EVO 960 500Gb. 

When using the on board LAN port to my Network/Internet the mobo resets randomly.

I have replaced, Power Supply, Memory, SSD, all cables, used a separate PCIe LAN card, router, fresh Windows 11 installation, latest BIOS  etc etc but still the same problem: random restarts.

When I connect to the internet via a USB-LAN converter all works just fine. Only when I use the LAN port on the mobo or PCIe LAN card the board restarts randomly.

Anyone any idea what my problem can be ??

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @Timmer 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
May I inquire if the situation you described occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or the connection of an external device?
When the system randomly restarts while using the LAN port on the PRIME B550M-K rear panel for a wired network connection, under what circumstances or frequency does this typically occur, such as while downloading or uploading large files or after 30 minutes of playing a specific game?
Is the USB-LAN converter still connected during the auto shutdown? Will removing it have different results?
Please refer to [Motherboard] How to fix the cable network problems of Motherboard – Troubleshooting if needed.

If the issue persisting, please follow the suggested steps below to record a video and help us confirm related information so that we can better understand your situation:
1) Start recording and display the BIOS main page showing the BIOS version, hardware specifications, and port locations.
2) Shut down the system and clear CMOS.
3) Reboot and check the status of the LAN port indicators.

4) After entering the OS, capture the moment the automatic shutdown occurs.
5) Record the state of the PRIME B550M-K after the shutdown (whether the fans are still running, RGB lighting is active, and the status of the LAN port indicators).
6) Attempt to power the system back on before ending the record
- the brand, model and installation slots or ports of the GPU, RAM (part number well), SSD, and PSU
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the BIOS, OS, OS build, and LAN driver version

Thank you.