This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27AQDM Driver Update Ruined Monitor

sinbo
Star I

I just updated from the 05 to the 07 version and the auto dimming algorithm is so beyond aggressive that it's distracting. Is Asus aware of this issue? Is it going to be fixed? Otherwise they literally just bricked my monitor, even scrolling windows or internet browsing is intolerably bad with this new monitor firmware.

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @sinbo ,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the "auto dimming algorithm is so beyond aggressive" issue. To better understand your situation, we would like to confirm the following:

• Auto-dimming function: Are you referring to the Screen Saver function? This is the feature that automatically reduces screen brightness when ambient light decreases.

• Dimming frequency: Do you feel that the screen dims too frequently? Or do you prefer a fixed screen brightness? You can try turning off the screen saver and select the power setting at Standard Mode in power options to see if this improves the issue.
  • Video demonstration: To better visualize the issue, we suggest you record a video of the screen auto-dimming process. The video format is recommended to be MP4.

Providing this information will help us locate the problem more quickly.
Thank you.

sinbo
Star I

@sinbo wrote:

I just updated from the 05 to the 07 version and the auto dimming algorithm is so beyond aggressive that it's distracting. Is Asus aware of this issue? Is it going to be fixed? Otherwise they literally just bricked my monitor, even scrolling https://19216811.cam/ windows or internet browsing is intolerably bad with this new monitor firmware.

I got this,...