This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Microsoft Surface doesn't seem recognize ASUS VG246H monitor

troxad
Star I

Hello: I wonder if you can help me. I just got a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9. It does not seem to recognize my ASUS VG246H monitor when I plug the monitor (using an adaptor) into the Surface. The monitor screen says "HDMI no signal." My old Surface 4 worked with this monitor, and I am hoping that my new one will, too. I am using a 4K@60Hz USB C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter. Is that the problem? (And, if so, which kind of adaptor do I need?) Or is there some other problem?

BTW, I tried to download the driver for the ASUS VG246H from the ASUS website, but the download appears not be executable. Do I actually need the driver? And, if so, is that likely the problem here?

Thanks very much, in advance, for any help you can offer.

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @troxad ,

according to your question, the VG246H monitor has three ports: HDMI (v1.4) x 1, VGA x 1, and an Earphone Jack. We recommend trying different cables for cross-testing.

As for the issue with downloading drivers, could you please provide more details on what happens when you try to download them? Are there any error messages? If possible, could you share a screenshot?

Regarding the USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapter, please check if it supports 4K@60Hz resolution. If it doesn't, you may need to get a different adapter that can handle the required resolution.

Additionally, if you have access to another adapter or a different connection method (e.g., USB-C to HDMI adapter), try using that to connect the monitor to your Surface Pro 9. This will help determine if the issue lies with the adapter or the monitor.

Thank you.