This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" monitor with built-in speakers for set top box?

Microfiche
Star I

I would like to use a monitor on a set top box from my TV service - do all the monitors with speakers decode HDMI audio, or do they only use a separate audio input? I need to maximize viewing area and have it fit in a 26" wide shelf, so a 27" monitor works better than available TV sizes.

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Microfiche ,

thank you for your inquiry. 

Most ASUS monitors with built-in speakers can decode HDMI audio. 

You can connect HDMI to the monitor and play audio from the HDMI input through the monitor's speakers. If you want to transmit both video and audio simultaneously, please use a direct transmission cable such as HDMI - HDMI or DisplayPort - DisplayPort. If you convert it to VGA or DVI signal, the original audio will be filtered out.

However, some monitors may not have this feature. In this case, you need to use a 3.5mm audio jack to connect the audio device to the monitor. The exact functionality may vary depending on the model, so we recommend referring to the user manual or specifications before purchasing to confirm the audio features supported by the monitor.

27" - 30.9"|Monitors|ASUS Global

Thank you.

Microfiche
Star I

Thanks, but I can't seem to see which monitors have this feature from the specs - that is why I asked?

Can you tell me which of the more basic monitors have this feature?