This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize LED light further

JosephOfRohan
Star II
Currently, I see only two options for my Zenfone 8 after enabling the LED to "On":
1) Light up when charging
2) Flash when notification arrives.
We should get the ability to customize the light further, like the OnePlus phones of a few years ago, for example to assign different colors to each notification type.
3 REPLIES 3

Aryan202
Community Legend I
JosephOfRohan

Currently, I see only two options for my Zenfone 8 after enabling the LED to "On":

1) Light up when charging

2) Flash when notification arrives.

We should get the ability to customize the light further, like the OnePlus phones of a few years ago, for example to assign different colors to each notification type.

Customize LED light further
It's an hardware limitation from what I know the sensor is only capable of Red and Green

JosephOfRohan
Star II
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50754/customize-led-light-further

It's an hardware limitation from what I know the sensor is only capable of Red and Green

View post
Ah, was hoping this wasn't the case. At least we have it! Asus was super cool to add an LED to this phone. Any additional customization options given the hardware would be awesome.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
it is already yellow-orange with apps from the play store
Using these 3 colors already (or more if it can) and implementing more customization with configurable blink rates per application would be a huge plus.