This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A12 on Rog2 and Rog3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
While it doesnt have to be anytime soon I'd appreciate a Rog2 / Rog3 A12 version promise for the Phone, unlike A11 android 12 does bring a ton of new features to the table. Most importantly the new feature that allows the Android system to update via the play store, meaning users will not have to wait for you to push an update for security updates and you don't have to make new firmwares with security updates nonstop anymore.
Other features such as app hibernation, complete redesign of the phone and other convenient features such as audio source selection are all very huge updates which will benefit both phones.

19 REPLIES 19

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

While it doesnt have to be anytime soon I'd appreciate a Rog2 / Rog3 A12 version promise for the Phone, unlike A11 android 12 does bring a ton of new features to the table. Most importantly the new feature that allows the Android system to update via the play store, meaning users will not have to wait for you to push an update for security updates and you don't have to make new firmwares with security updates nonstop anymore.

Other features such as app hibernation, complete redesign of the phone and other convenient features such as audio source selection are all very huge updates which will benefit both phones.

A12 on Rog2 and Rog3
A more realistic appeal would be for android 11 honestly for Rog 2
You can't jump an android version (minus 8.1)
Rog 3 meanwhile can very well get android 12 as it's 2nd os upgrade if Asus decides to change its rog update policy

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
Why do we need to vote for our right?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50484/a12-on-rog2-and-rog3

A more realistic appeal would be for android 11 honestly for Rog 2

You can't jump an android version (minus 8.1)

Rog 3 meanwhile can very well get android 12 as it's 2nd os upgrade if Asus decides to change its rog update policy

View post
A11 can be skipped as its just a more refined A10 in a nutshell, there isnt really anything exciting about it. A11 still requires manual security updates and such from the devs to implement in firmware updates, while Android 12 takes care of it and gets updated through the play store. That alone makes it absolutely worth getting on Rog2 and Rog3.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175702#Comment_175702

A11 can be skipped as its just a more refined A10 in a nutshell, there isnt really anything exciting about it. A11 still requires manual security updates and such from the devs to implement in firmware updates, while Android 12 takes care of it and gets updated through the play store. That alone makes it absolutely worth getting on Rog2 and Rog3.

View post
Rog 2 definitely won't get Android 12. That's for sure. And you can't skip any android version.
Rog 3 might get Android 12 if Asus change its update policy. So there is a possibility of getting Android 12 in Rog 3 but not for Rog 2 definitely.