This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken display without any physical damage

siyamkumar
Star II
While charging my phone (ROG PHONE 2)and playing a game, the screen suddenly had a glitch and completely went black with in minutes and crack started to appear on the inner display of the phone.
When i took it to the service center, all they claimed and forced me to pay for the replacement when there is warranty. Even though there is no physical damage on the phone, they are only forcing me to pay for the replacement and not considering into checking for the warranty. Please note THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE and I'm attaching the proof also.
Being Gorilla Glass 6, the least expected was that it doesn't easily break even though it fell down. But my phone neither fell down or physically damaged and it happened. On top of that there is a tempered glass for protection.Even that has not sign of physical damage. How can this is considered as Customer Induced physical damage? which is I think is unfair ethics followed by service center. Any solution for this? I can bring the phone for on site inspection to prove that there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Today was the bad experience with the service center. First of all, there was no one at the counter to receive the customer and check the phone, I had to wait for an hour for them to visit and their way of handling is very unprofessional with a very much negative attitude and this has to be addressed seriously.
Buying a premium phone and suffering with this due to poor product quality. Totally fed up. This is happening to an ASUS ROG fan and an ASUS loyal customer. I already have 2 ASUS work laptops, and personally own ROG Laptop(GL552VW) and ROG Phone.

29 REPLIES 29

ronald1985
Community Legend I
rjay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98402#Comment_98402

"Pressure too much on the screen can cause the inner display to be broker" lmao, sounds like excuses. If a phone screen cracks because of slightly more pressure, then it is a CHEAP screen. I've dropped Samsung phones on accident face down and half the time nothing ever happened. This phone would probably crack into a million pieces lmao

View post
If you have seen JerryRig doing teardowns, then you would know that glass is fragile. One bend can cause the glass panel to shatter. Common sense really.
I obviously can't comment on how the original OP got to where it is now which was why I left it to the last response.
But don't be naive to tell me unknown force is breaking the inner glass or are you treating the same drop height and assume it breaks for everyone else.
Remember the old Nokia 3310s? Many drops and it doesn't break, guess why? Plastics.

rjay
Star III
You completely missed the point ronald.....
It wasn't about the physics of glass, we ALL know that if you bend glass, it breaks.... The point was about how the ROG II has a cheap display.
Also, no one mentioned anything about a BEND, we are talking about PRESSURE. Those are two COMPLETELY different things!!
If I press my thumb really hard on my Note 3 right now, nothing is going to happen.
If I do that on this phone, the phone will probably crack on the inside.
That tells me this phone has a cheaply made display. Again, we are talking about PRESSURE, not BENDING. No need to try and twist words around to suit your own agenda.
When did I make assumption about drop height? All I simply said was that this phone has a cheap display because if an older android device can survive 12+inches with no damage and this phone can't survive past 3+, then there is a problem here....
Nobody mentioned anything about extinct phones, lets focus on SMARTPHONES.....

Not applicable
rjay

You completely missed the point ronald.....

It wasn't about the physics of glass, we ALL know that if you bend glass, it breaks.... The point was about how the ROG II has a cheap display.

Also, no one mentioned anything about a BEND, we are talking about PRESSURE. Those are two COMPLETELY different things!!

If I press my thumb really hard on my Note 3 right now, nothing is going to happen.

If I do that on this phone, the phone will probably crack on the inside.

That tells me this phone has a cheaply made display. Again, we are talking about PRESSURE, not BENDING. No need to try and twist words around to suit your own agenda.

When did I make assumption about drop height? All I simply said was that this phone has a cheap display because if an older android device can survive 12+inches with no damage and this phone can't survive past 3+, then there is a problem here....

Nobody mentioned anything about extinct phones, lets focus on SMARTPHONES.....

View post
I actually blame the weight of this phone for the fall damage if there is any. This phone is heavy and by heavy i mean when you dont have a case on and no screen protector, there is garunteed damage. I have not faced any problem like this and my phone fell couple of times from high height and still no damage (i have case and screen protector on). I hope i dont face this issue. It might be few of rog phones are defective and are breaking easily. You bought phone in 2020?? I bought mine in october 2019 and still no issues. 8gb/128gb

ronald1985
Community Legend I
siyamkumar

@rjay Exactly, thats the problem with this phone and nobody believes it. Even service center guys trying to rip off.

View post
@siyamkumar , I suggest you PM a moderator/admin to help out, if you think the damage was done of no fault of your own. As mentioned in other post, one of the admin/moderators wants to know about the cases if you have been defrauded by a service centre.
Sorry @rjay , can't really have a discussion if you argue against school science. Yes, bend is different to pressure. But pressure what makes a material bend. I'm happy to continue with discussions through PM if you wish. Have a great day!

siyamkumar
Star II
@ronald1985 I have been writing mails to ASUS support and other necessary stakeholders. I just made this post on public because I believe that every ROG users should know about this. I will be keep on writing until I get a solution for this.