aspectlastaaspectlasta Level 1
edited September 30 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 5z
  2. Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87_20200520
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My asus 5z is not charging. Some times when I cover proximity sensor it charges and stops after few minutes. Not sure why this is happening but it is not charging even when my phone is off. The proximity sensor trick doesn't work everytime. I restarted my phone several times but the problem persists. Please give a solution for this as I won't be able to use my phone with this condition.

Comments

• Did you try checking with diffrent chargers? If yes then whats the status does it charge?

If Even after changing charger n cable your device doesnt charge then unfortunately it's hardware problem i guess may be charging port is damaged to fix that only service center can help you take your device to nearest service centre for checkups

NOTE:- dont forget to take backup of your imp data before you submit your device to service centre

Thankyou☺️

• aspectlastaaspectlasta Level 1
    edited July 16

No its not charging with other charger but as I said with the proximity sensor trick it sometimes charges.

Also when it is charging the notification led is orange and there is a symbol in battery that denotes that it is charging but battery decreases instead. So I am pretty sure that it is a software problem.

• This is strange proximity has nothing to do with charging please see if safe mode behaves same on your 5z dont forget to turn your charging on after you entre in safe mode

To go to safe mode

Press n hold power button for few minutes>than you will see option to switch off,restart etc >tap n hold for few seconds on switch off option than your device will ask you to entre safe mode click ok

To exit safe mode just restart your device

Also i suggest if safe mode doesnt charge your device kindly reset your device which is last hope

To reset your device

Go to settings>system>reset options>reset all device

Note:- please dont forget to backup all your imp data before you reset

Hope reset fixes your problem but still i think it is hardware issue even after trying all workarounds if your device problem remains than only service centre will help you

Thanks☺️

• I know its strange but when I call someone and put it on my ear i.e when proximity sensor works, it vibrates and notification light turn on indicating it is charging where sometimes it actually starts charging but sometimes it is just a show.

Factory reset is the final option that's why I am looking for other methods to fix this problem.

Thanks for your concern.

• Try to press a bit charging port portion and see if charging starts or not coz after your description as vibration can show charging for few minutes this shows that vibrations creates some movement in port connections and due to which i can be somewhat sure that connections are loosen up on charging port and this can only be fixed with changing your charging port or refixing connections on board with charging port

• aspectlastaaspectlasta Level 1
    edited July 16

Yes I did that and nothing happened. I moved the port up-down, left-right holding it tightly. I also made sure charging port is working correctly.

I did few experiments and found that charging works when I press screen. Not sure why this is happening.

• Did you drop ur device? As i said above connections seems to be loosen up of port n board this cn be easily fixed by service centre

• Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

• NiveshNivesh Level 2

@amitgarde3 when will New update come for 5z?

• Your Flex cable might be loose. Open the phone and check for all cables are tightly fit in place

• RitaRita Level 1

Maybe be it's time to clean the USB-C port.

The best way to clean a USB-C port is with a can of compressed air and a shaved toothpick or plastic dental pick.

• amitgarde3amitgarde3 Level 4
    edited July 18

Most likely this month end though it totally depends on bug fixing so have to wait a bit longer 😊

Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.