aspectlasta
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 5z
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87_20200520
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My asus 5z is not charging. Some times when I cover proximity sensor it charges and stops after few minutes. Not sure why this is happening but it is not charging even when my phone is off. The proximity sensor trick doesn't work everytime. I restarted my phone several times but the problem persists. Please give a solution for this as I won't be able to use my phone with this condition.
12 REPLIES 12

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aspectlasta

I know its strange but when I call someone and put it on my ear i.e when proximity sensor works, it vibrates and notification light turn on indicating it is charging where sometimes it actually starts charging but sometimes it is just a show.

Factory reset is the final option that's why I am looking for other methods to fix this problem.

Thanks for your concern.

View post
Try to press a bit charging port portion and see if charging starts or not coz after your description as vibration can show charging for few minutes this shows that vibrations creates some movement in port connections and due to which i can be somewhat sure that connections are loosen up on charging port and this can only be fixed with changing your charging port or refixing connections on board with charging port

aspectlasta
Star I
Yes I did that and nothing happened. I moved the port up-down, left-right holding it tightly. I also made sure charging port is working correctly.
I did few experiments and found that charging works when I press screen. Not sure why this is happening.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aspectlasta

Yes I did that and nothing happened. I moved the port up-down, left-right holding it tightly. I also made sure charging port is working correctly.

I did few experiments and found that charging works when I press screen. Not sure why this is happening.

View post
Did you drop ur device? As i said above connections seems to be loosen up of port n board this cn be easily fixed by service centre

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

Nivesh
Rising Star II
@amitgarde3 when will New update come for 5z?