This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

mmchaoukz
Star I
I'm having the trigger problem. With my left trigger it flickers alot and the whole button doesn't work only on the inner corner it works. It's now July and still I've received no update for my phone. I bought phone purely for gaming. My previous was and still is working fine. I'm starting to regret my purchase.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mmchaoukz Can you help me out with a device log so we can investigate this issue further? I'm sending you instructions via PM.

yosef019
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@mmchaoukz Can you help me out with a device log so we can investigate this issue further? I'm sending you instructions via PM.

View post
send me instruction also i have problem with right trigger at middle its have flicker only if i apply force
@Gustav_ASUS

imkara92
Star I
Same air trigger issue for me, too. Left air trigger works well but the right one flickers. To emphasize the problem, for example when you play pubg and in the middle of the conflict, you press and hold air trigger to fire the automatic weapon but it starts flickering and auto fire mode turns into the burst or single alike mode because of flickering. And that problem gets you killed for sure 🙂 It suddenly started just a few days ago. I formatted the phone but the problem is still active. I cleared the surface of the buttons, tried sensitivity booster etc... Nothing works... It makes me extremely annoying because i've been using it for 7 months in FPS games. And because of that i used to it, it's a big problem for me... I hope there is a solution, because lots of people are suffering from this annoying problem. Please let me know if any of you guys finds a solution.

Edit: I added the video recording of the problem. as you can see in the video, the left air trigger is completely fine when i move my fingers on the surface. But the right one flickers all the time. And the result is the same if i hold my fingers on the right air trigger instead of moving on it. After a while it starts flickering in all the situations.

amaanyusufi7
Star II
Kaimer

hey, im new here and am another unfortunate victim of the flickering airtrigger.

in my case it is definitely the left trigger and it flickers horribly as the phone behind to heat up. After the thermals hit 40 degrees the trigger just stops working all together.

I've tried flashing an older OS, newest OS, factory resetting to no avail. Its always there left trigger and only when the device is hot.

There's got to be a workaround for this as the phone is perfectly fine when it's cool. ASUS PLEASE HELP!!

View post
Are you using the left trigger to fire too? Cuz i am and its happening on the left side while the right works just alright