This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

Not applicable
My battery percentage charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger. I observed it and i have a ss on my accu battery. Please tell me if i should be worried or not.
screenshot-20200622-180158655.jpg
As you can see the battery charged 3% in 0 min. It was 55% before and suddenly it jumped to 58%.
19 REPLIES 19

ronald1985
Community Legend I

Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91245#Comment_91245

I am monitoring my battery by the app and i am aware it does not in any way affect my battery life in a positive way. The average charge of 1% is 45 seconds and it charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger which is strange. Explain this.

View post
How much and how long you charge depends on different factors. The charger type, the cable type, your battery (some battery have better performance on charging), the hardware behind it (for example, is it using conductable materials), apps in the background is running, your usage.
I can't explain why you have instantly got 3% charge (but I won't definately be complaining if it was me) after you are plugged in, but at least you didn't see a 3% drop after you unplugged. I guess this is more to science on how battery works in which case I don't have a clue about.
I don't know if you have heard of this before. So when you buy a new phone, you should always charge it to 100% (or overnight) switched off. It has probably got something to do with this as it remembers (just like a car battery remembering the time and the CMOS battery in the PC).
Do you have the source of average charge of 1% takes 45 seconds? You definately got me interested in it too now.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91246#Comment_91246

How much and how long you charge depends on different factors. The charger type, the cable type, your battery (some battery have better performance on charging), the hardware behind it (for example, is it using conductable materials), apps in the background is running, your usage.

I can't explain why you have instantly got 3% charge (but I won't definately be complaining if it was me) after you are plugged in, but at least you didn't see a 3% drop after you unplugged. I guess this is more to science on how battery works in which case I don't have a clue about.

I don't know if you have heard of this before. So when you buy a new phone, you should always charge it to 100% (or overnight) switched off. It has probably got something to do with this as it remembers (just like a car battery remembering the time and the CMOS battery in the PC).

Do you have the source of average charge of 1% takes 45 seconds? You definately got me interested in it too now.

View post
I tested the 45 second theory by stop watch. Charges 1% in approx 45-55 seconds when battery is less than 70%, after 70% it charges slow which is 1% in 1.5m. Also if you dont know why it happened then please dont give unwanted explainations. Again i am not complaining, read my post carefully before replying with your comments. I just asked if this is normal or should i take a visit to service center. I wanted an expert advice on this and after reading your comments regarding this topic, i can say you're clearly not an expert. Also before you tell me to just visit service center, i cannot visit service center every other day so i want to know if this is a problem of concern or just normal which you didn't answer. You were annoying me on my previous post and here you are again with explainations that has nothing to do with my post. Just stop it mate, go study the topic and then try to help others.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91245#Comment_91245

I am monitoring my battery by the app and i am aware it does not in any way affect my battery life in a positive way. The average charge of 1% is 45 seconds and it charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger which is strange. Explain this.

View post
You wanted an explanation, I gave it to you.
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91248#Comment_91248

I tested the 45 second theory by stop watch. Charges 1% in approx 45-55 seconds when battery is less than 70%, after 70% it charges slow which is 1% in 1.5m. Also if you dont know why it happened then please dont give unwanted explainations. Again i am not complaining, read my post carefully before replying with your comments. I just asked if this is normal or should i take a visit to service center. I wanted an expert advice on this and after reading your comments regarding this topic, i can say you're clearly not an expert. Also before you tell me to just visit service center, i cannot visit service center every other day so i want to know if this is a problem of concern or just normal which you didn't answer. You were annoying me on my previous post and here you are again with explainations that has nothing to do with my post. Just stop it mate, go study the topic and then try to help others.

View post
The thing is, you don't need to be an expert. It's basic science. You were talking about batteries - Google is your best friend.
The only thing I said is I don't understand "why your device went instantly to 3%".
I did give you an answer: "The 3% is not worrying at all considering it's hyper-charged." 
At the end of day, it's a forum - it's up for discussions, hence it's a forum. It's a two way communication unfortunately.
(Don't know why you was annoyed, I wasn't even trying to. It's a forum, but you get the idea, yeah?)
// EDIT - Never claimed I was an expert.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91246#Comment_91246

You wanted an explanation, I gave it to you.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91260#Comment_91260

The thing is, you don't need to be an expert. It's basic science. You were talking about batteries - Google is your best friend.

The only thing I said is I don't understand "why your device went instantly to 3%".

I did give you an answer: "The 3% is not worrying at all considering it's hyper-charged.

At the end of day, it's a forum - it's up for discussions, hence it's a forum. It's a two way communication unfortunately.

(Don't know why you was annoyed, I wasn't even trying to. It's a forum, but you get the idea, yeah?)

View post
Okay? I just said your explaination had nothing to do with my post. Secondly i am not being an expert, i am asking for expert's opinion on this. Third, hyper charge normally takes 45 seconds to charge 1% and charging 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger is strange. Well you keep reminding me this is a forum which is related to a phone that i bought, why the heck will i search google for this issue if i can just ask smart people here. Now at last, you're asking me why i am annoyed? Just stay out of my post and i wont be annoyed. This is a forum but the thing is i just can't bare you anymore.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91261#Comment_91261

Okay? I just said your explaination had nothing to do with my post. Secondly i am not being an expert, i am asking for expert's opinion on this. Third, hyper charge normally takes 45 seconds to charge 1% and charging 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger is strange. Well you keep reminding me this is a forum which is related to a phone that i bought, why the heck will i search google for this issue if i can just ask smart people here. Now at last, you're asking me why i am annoyed? Just stay out of my post and i wont be annoyed. This is a forum but the thing is i just can't bare you anymore.

View post
The thing is Akash, you're timing your own device. If you're actually reading, it depends on factors and these factors I have already mentioned in my previous posts.
Just for you Akash, I am not even trying to annoy you. There is nothing to worry about about that 3% you're getting instantly?
It's my nature to respond to posts 😀