Did you mean: 

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5 ZE620KL
Firmware Version: WW_15_0610_1801_42
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App

The program does not unlock the bootloader, writes (An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later)
125 REPLIES 125

wozouyu
Star I
screenshot-20200615-183350410.jpg

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi wozouyu
Have you ever unlocked your device before? If you haven't unlocked your device and received the error message that you showed me, please check on your inbox and PM me your SN. Thank you.  

elias888
Star II
Hello,
I bought this Asus phone this morning, but Unlock App doesn't work.
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226 (this is build number...where is the firmware version?)
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App version 9.1.0.7_180912
Error message in the Unlock Device App:
"An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue, please wait and try again."

It seems many people are having this problem 😕

elias888

Hello,

I bought this Asus phone this morning, but Unlock App doesn't work.

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
  2. Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226 (this is build number...where is the firmware version?)
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App version 9.1.0.7_180912

Error message in the Unlock Device App:

"An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue, please wait and try again."

It seems many people are having this problem 😕

View post
Yes, many people are having this problem; and judging by the fact that your device is brand new, it's not an issue with our devices having been unlocked before. It is probably an issue with the unlock server again like it was back in 2012.
See this thread on XDA-Developers: https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-unlocker-tool-broken-asus-claims-rma-is-the-answer/
Hopefully, whoever controls it can fix this issue again.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi elias888
Thank you for your asking. Based on your device is brand new, like AgentTechnoman said, your issue should be different from theirs.
Yet because your model is ZB631KL, please refer to the link below as Max Pro Series, and open a new thread there
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/ww_zenfone-max-pro-series
Please provide me the screenshot of your error message and your issue in your new thread. Then check on your inbox and PM me your SN. I will forward the information to the relevant department.