This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock broken after Android 10 update

john_kissane
Star III
Hello, looks like Smart Lock has some problems since the update to Android 10. My phone no longer stays unlocked when I'm at home or work & appears that the onbody detection isn't working either.
Can anyone confirm if this just my phone or a general bug?
27 REPLIES 27

john_kissane
Star III
LP_ASUS

Hi all, the software team just confirmed that they reported this issue to Google. The Pixel also has the same issue. It will be up to Google to push a fix for this one.

View post
Was there every any update with this as it's still not working very well.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
john.kissane

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41207#Comment_41207

Was there every any update with this as it's still not working very well.

View post
From what I understand, it's up to Google when this gets fixed. Nothing new on my end.

_jis_
Zen Master III

john_kissane
Star III

_jis_
Zen Master III
As I wrote here, Smart Lock works perfectly for me. It doesn't work for you, and you'll wait for Google to fix it so that it always works for everyone in various conditions. However, when it will do is a question, because Google did not correct some of its issues even after 10 years ...
At the same time, clearing caches does not cost you anything at all, you will not lose anything, you will do it yourself and you do not have to wait for anyone. Then restart for sure and see if it helped. It won't take more than 2 minutes, I think it's worth a try.