Brightness issue

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus 5Z
Firmware Version: .87
Rooted or not: No
Hi,
I am facing this issue since a long time.
The screen appears to be bright even at lower settings (0%). Specially at night when lights are off it creates lot of problems as the screen brightness is not that low as compare to other devices.
I hope it will be fixed soon.
Thank you😊
23 REPLIES 23

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Debasish Sahoo

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Asus 5Z
  2. Firmware Version: .87
  3. Rooted or not: No

Hi,

I am facing this issue since a long time.

The screen appears to be bright even at lower settings (0%). Specially at night when lights are off it creates lot of problems as the screen brightness is not that low as compare to other devices.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thank you😊

Brightness issue
For me this 0% brightness seems to work really great i tried several steps like
I kept auto brightness on and tried to check how auto brightness works
1-i tried to check with light off (no issue auto brightness adjusted flawlessly ) it brought brightness to 10 % for me
2- After above step i tried to bring that 10% brightness to 0% manually and check if i see any diffrence so yes i can see the diffrence (brightness went more lower it was not bright and also easy for my eyes to watch anything or read)
3- Then i tried lock unlock of device several times and check if brightness adjusts so i can see this also worked flawlessly for me (auto brightness)
Overall i want to say that on my 5z brightness is not a problem i compared my screen with nokia 7.2 there was not much diffrence though so i think if you started to face this brightness issue only in A10 after update than i may suggest you try factory data reset which fix almost all the issues watever is triggering via software to ur auto brightness sensor
Also it is suggested to always factory data reset after every new OS firmware which optimises software with hardware without many bugs and problems
Thankyou😊

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29683/brightness-issue

1-i tried to check with light off (no issue auto brightness adjusted flawlessly ) it brought brightness to 10 % for me

2- After above step i tried to bring that 10% brightness to 0% manually and check if i see any diffrence so yes i can see the diffrence (brightness went more lower it was not bright and also easy for my eyes to watch anything or read)

3- Then i tried lock unlock of device several times and check if brightness adjusts so i can see this also worked flawlessly for me (auto brightness)

Overall i want to say that on my 5z brightness is not a problem i compared my screen with nokia 7.2 there was not much diffrence though so i think if you started to face this brightness issue only in A10 after update than i may suggest you try factory data reset which fix almost all the issues watever is triggering via software to ur auto brightness sensor

Also it is suggested to always factory data reset after every new OS firmware which optimises software with hardware without many bugs and problems

Thankyou😊

View post
I have no problem with auto brightness. Auto brightness works perfectly.My point is whenever we set our brightness at 0% the screen should be more dim at that time as compare to what we get. (0% me bhi brightness thoda aur kam hona chahiye)

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29683/brightness-issue

Thankyou😊

View post
Auto brightness is working fine. My point is whenever we set brightness at 0% then it should be more lower than what we get.(0% me bhi brightness thoda aur kam hota toh acha hota)

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86895#Comment_86895

I have no problem with auto brightness. Auto brightness works perfectly.My point is whenever we set our brightness at 0% the screen should be more dim at that time as compare to what we get. (0% me bhi brightness thoda aur kam hona chahiye tha)

View post
Yes i know but i tried steps with auto brightness and also by adjusting brightness manually as you explained even at 0% and more than 0% just to confirm how sensor works
At 0% i dont see that it is bright enough and also i explained above that i compared it with other OEM not much diffrence so i can only say is at 0% brightness is f9 atleast for me

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86901#Comment_86901

Yes i know but i tried steps with auto brightness and also by adjusting brightness manually as you explained even at 0% and more than 0% just to confirm how sensor works

At 0% i dont see that it is bright enough and also i explained above that i compared it with other OEM not much diffrence so i can only say is at 0% brightness is f9 atleast for me

View post
Ok bro