This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Touchscreen response is improved but not fixed yet.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
The device in question is an ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB/64GB, unrooted, updated to 100.10.107.87.
In the latest firmware update, which I'm running now, an improvement was brought to the touch panel response. Very welcome indeed. 
But this improvement was not a definitive fix. In fact, it's not like before, but the problem still exists. You can still feel the lack of fluidity in the response from sliding your fingers on the screen.
For better reproduction, do the following multi-touch test on the tool accessed through the calculator:
Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
Place them on top of the screen.
Slide them slowly to the bottom.
This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable).
Another problem still present is the delay, which can be reproduced in the same tool, as follows:
Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
As you slide it, add a touch.
You will see that the response to the sliding finger will stutter before it returns to accompany the finger.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
38 REPLIES 38

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
christianrodrigues1981

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86546#Comment_86546

They also played me for PT but there is no movement there, if this way I will not collaborate anymore 😞

View post
Dont worry now this thread is in EN
Thankyou😊

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

It's under investigation. They fixed the initial bug. I shortly after realized that there was a 4 or more fingers bug. However, I see now that you have found two seperate bugs. The single slide with simultaneous tapping bug and the very close three or more touch slide. I will add these two to the investigation.

Please let me know if you have any new findings

View post
Thank you one more time!
--
The delay seems like the panel is scheduling touches.
You start to slide a finger (the panel call it "1") while sliding you add a touch (and instead calling it "2", the panel ignores the sliding finger for a milisecond to call the touch "1", and then calls the slide "2").
--
The flickering just seems the same as it was, but now lesser with the fingers separated, but when they are close it starts to flick, seems like the panel is confused if the close fingers are multiple or just one (remember, happens with 2, 3, 4 fingers close... or any number you add, it just gets worse as you add fingers).

v_aravindsst
Star I
BrunoF20

The device in question is an ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB/64GB, unrooted, updated to 100.10.107.87.

In the latest firmware update, which I'm running now, an improvement was brought to the touch panel response. Very welcome indeed. 

But this improvement was not a definitive fix. In fact, it's not like before, but the problem still exists. You can still feel the lack of fluidity in the response from sliding your fingers on the screen.

For better reproduction, do the following multi-touch test on the tool accessed through the calculator:

1. Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
  2. Place them on top of the screen.
  3. Slide them slowly to the bottom.
  • This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable).

Another problem still present is the delay, which can be reproduced in the same tool, as follows:

1. Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
  2. As you slide it, add a touch.

You will see that the response to the sliding finger will stutter before it returns to accompany the finger.

@Anders_ASUS

@CH_ASUS

[5Z] Touchscreen response is improved but not fixed yet.
And still there is a issue when attending calls in earphones...

Abhinav
Zen Master I
BrunoF20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86591#Comment_86591

Thank you one more time!

--

The delay seems like the panel is scheduling touches.

You start to slide a finger (the panel call it "1") while sliding you add a touch (and instead calling it "2", the panel ignores the sliding finger for a milisecond to call the touch "1", and then calls the slide "2").

--

The flickering just seems the same as it was, but now lesser with the fingers separated, but when they are close it starts to flick, seems like the panel is confused if the close fingers are multiple or just one (remember, happens with 2, 3, 4 fingers close... or any number you add, it just gets worse as you add fingers).

View post
As I play PUBG mobile with 4 finger claw sometimes display doesn't accept the touch request. Touch latency is still there wven though our phone can achieve 60fps whle playing TDM in PUBG mobile.
Let's see what more details we get. 🙂

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
I am not playing games with this phone ! Terrible experience. I Don't never buy again Asus ! Zenfone 5z terrible touchscreen lag -_- If play moba games terrible Zenfone 5z ! Please update -_- Samsung note 2 better > Zenfone 5z touchscreen , multitouch , lol .
I use last update but very little improvement , not fixed -_-