AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: A10
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBGM 0.17.0
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
In oreo or pie this frame drops sttuters n lags where never observed playing pubg at higher settings like graphics-HDR frame rate-ULTRA but in A10 perfomance doesnt feel like playing on SD845 its decreased lags stutters n frame drops are too much observed some times multi touch issue is seen also at higher settings and after playing on lower settings graphics-SMOOTH N frame rate- EXTREME is causing lags in game sometimes
After checking via third party apps the cpu clocking seems to be good at its peak to achieve during playing BUT GPU IS NOT BOOSTING ITSELF it is limited to certain limit WHY? i think this is is reason of NO optimisation of PUBGM with 5Z
ALSO after comparing performance with ZENFONE 5 WITH 5Z,
ZENFONE 5 SEEMS TO BE MUCH BETTER AT PERFORMANCE THAN 5Z
Multi touch issue n jitters is present since day 1 of A8 YET NOT FIXED alredy reported several times by many
Please look into this issue as 5Z has better processor and gpu to make most of it comparing with zenfone 5 hope for fix as early as possible in future firmware before support ends for 5Z flagships
Alredy shared several comparision videos from below tagged @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com n @ValeeraSanguinar and in old zentalk forum hope for help in this new zentalk as mods here are so effortive n appreciative we know flagship can get better out of it as it was with A8 N A9 IN A10
Tried factory reset and reinstallation of PUBG that doesnt help to any of above issues to solve @ServiceY_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com @ValeeraSanguinar 😌
65 REPLIES 65

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
Programmed Obsolescence.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/73010#Comment_73010

Did you noticed that 4K 60fps video encoding and decoding both are choppy and laggy due to under clocked GPU.

It's not smooth anymore. This means Battery is getting saved but at the cost of smoothness. "This is not acceptable".

"A weaker GPU is causing laggy game play, Chopoy 4K 60fps video encoding as well as decoding and so many things".

How can Android 9 (.111) be both high performer while gaming at the same time good at battery too. On A9 I never faced any choppy 4k 60fps Encoding and Decoding Issue.

Not only 4k 60fps but With Main sensor the videos with EIS is also very Jelly like. Whole video wobbles like water effect at corner of the videos. Please check yourself too.

@sidarya31 he had also noticed the same issues.

View post
EIS FOR 5Z cannot be better than oreo it was cherry on top for 5Z but in pie it was bit degraded and in A10 its totally worse
Hopefully i wish lot more updates yet to come until support ends n may be system will get stable with last update that will be in november (lots of problems to get fixed) i guess, but 5Z is still not stable in A10 we can do nothing than to wait for stability updates 😞

Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72822#Comment_72822

I used app called profiler for battery,ram,CPU LOADS n frequencies but was unable to get GPU in my app

But other 2-3 user from telegram group that guysz discovered that GPU is at limited for stock device is unable to boost let me share u screen recorded link those guysz shared u can see GPU is limited to 257 there and even cpu frequencies cn be seen in video plz check guysz @ValeeraSanguinar @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com @Abhinav @Averan @bharanivijay69

They also said in many other devices ususally cpu frequencies are medium while GPU boosts up but in 5Z cpu is boosted where as GPU limits itself very dissapointing this is check below video plz 👇

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/738/7JN33YSCZ72K.mp4

For custom rom this is In lobby GPU is 530 see below screenshot

7PL670AD2BUN.jpg

Hope for fix as soon as possible and mods to confirm why is it so?? CPU-Snapdragon 845 GPU- ADRENO- 630, where is justice?

View post
Stock Android (non root) doesn't give permission to any app to read GPU frequency that's why GPU frequencies remains lowest. You have to root your phone to know the GPU load. Try doing the same in rooted device.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/73240#Comment_73240

EIS FOR 5Z cannot be better than oreo it was cherry on top for 5Z but in pie it was bit degraded and in A10 its totally worse

Hopefully i wish lot more updates yet to come until support ends n may be system will get stable with last update that will be in november (lots of problems to get fixed) i guess, but 5Z is still not stable in A10 we can do nothing than to wait for stability updates 😞

View post
"sad" 😥

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Chintan Devganiya

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72936#Comment_72936

Stock Android (non root) doesn't give permission to any app to read GPU frequency that's why GPU frequencies remains lowest. You have to root your phone to know the GPU load. Try doing the same in rooted device.

View post
Already shared screenshot of Gpu frequency of rooted custom rom user it is 530 n thats the diffrence
why stock lower frequency = less power
Custom higher frequency=higher power?
If device is same and also having a flasghip CPU N GPU to combine with why it is not optimised?
If custom rom can so good be optimised then why not stock ?? Atlast its a flagship 2018 isnt it?