cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio output Android feature missing from Asus phones

jasonwch
Rising Star II
HF3LAWXNC3P8.jpg
Original Android 9/10 have a feature to switch audio output either using phone speaker or external connected BT or other speaker. However, this is missing from Asus firmware 9 or 10
the real use scenario is when i connect to external monitor through USB-C Display port alt mode (model: Gechic 1306H) The sound can only go through that monitor 3.5mm audio hole, i have no way to switch back using phone's speaker while i do not have earphone on hand.
I though this option should add back in A10, but it's not.
4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's possible to change between phones speaker and bluetooth speaker/headphones but I don't know how it behaves with HDMI. I don't have a USB-C to HDMI cable at the moment.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ok, I've tried now and it doesn't work but it doesn't work on any of the phones that I have so it must be an Android limitation. If HDMI is connected, then it will only send audio to that device.

jasonwch
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Ok, I've tried now and it doesn't work but it doesn't work on any of the phones that I have so it must be an Android limitation. If HDMI is connected, then it will only send audio to that device.

View post
oh that's bad

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III