This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car bluetooth disconneting

Sniper_Fox
Star II
I'm able to use my North America (12GB / 512GB) RoG II with multiple bluetooth headphones, but when I connect to cars (I've tried a Jetta and a Pathfinder) I often repeately get "com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping" and can't maintain a connection.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the bluetooth radio since it works fine with headphones, rather this problem is likely software-related.
Anyone else getting this?
24 REPLIES 24

connect2ct
Star II
Thanks! Appreciate it! The issue resolved before collecting the log file. Following steps fixed the issue:
1. Both the phone and car audio system needs to be paired
2. Delete profile in the car audio system, but do not delete or unpair from phone
3. Make multiple attempt from the car to pair, be very patient. The car systems will eventually ask for the passcode. Once profile is paired, you are done.
This idea came through the enclosed error message: "Bluetooth: Re-pair from peer to enable it."
Thank God! It's fixed, now can travel long hours with ease 🙂

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Happy to hear it, and thank you for posting your workaround!

OPC
Zen Master II
I have different experiences with different cars and phones. With Opel (German brand) no problems at all. Pair it and use it. Rog 2, Samsung and Apple. BMW is a mixed experience. With all phones you have to turn on BT before the car is started. And sometimes it would not connect even then. If you turn on the BT on the phone while the engine is running, no chance. Cars are 2015 and 2016 models. It's just the car's software that is buggy. And those guys give updates rarely if at all.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
OPC

I have different experiences with different cars and phones. With Opel (German brand) no problems at all. Pair it and use it. Rog 2, Samsung and Apple. BMW is a mixed experience. With all phones you have to turn on BT before the car is started. And sometimes it would not connect even then. If you turn on the BT on the phone while the engine is running, no chance. Cars are 2015 and 2016 models. It's just the car's software that is buggy. And those guys give updates rarely if at all.

View post
BMW has been terrible with pairing for a decade. I've had issues with a 2008 5 Series, and a 2014 4 Series. Eventually I just gave up and used the radio.
Ironically, when I replaced the head unit on my 1998 328i, it became the best Bluetooth equipped car I've ever had!
You'd think after ten years they would get the hang of it...

OPC
Zen Master II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46057#Comment_46057

BMW has been terrible with pairing for a decade. I've had issues with a 2008 5 Series, and a 2014 4 Series. Eventually I just gave up and used the radio.

Ironically, when I replaced the head unit on my 1998 328i, it became the best Bluetooth equipped car I've ever had!

You'd think after ten years they would get the hang of it...

View post
Unlike BMW, my main car Opel Insignia runs perfect with Rog 2. Even notifications are announced with a sound although there is no Android auto for Croatia (not supported by Google and thus also not supported in a car software).