This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I sent you a PM with instructions. @Wreid23

LP_ASUS

We hear you guys. I have active logs from AT&T and T-Mobile, with some sub-brands like Mint Mobile, and we're trying to figure out why you guys are experiencing this.

It could be hardware, software, or environmental.

@skylerwolfe , you've had a ZF6 since launch day or thereabouts right? I feel like we've seen more reports of missed calls since November or so, which would indicate some kind of firmware change. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone, if you'd like me to log your phone, please indicate that by replying to this comment. We're here to help.

View post
Hello,
I purchased my phone in November and am using Mint Mobile. The issue was sporadic but seems to be happening more frequently now at home and work while connected to wifi. I would be happy to help find a solution. On a side note turning wifi off let my texts immediately come through and a comment from an old thread for a different phone mentioned changing the preferred network type to 2g/3g. I'm testing if that will work now but can change it back if needed.
Here's that thread for reference:
I can't post the exact link apparently but here the info if you google search it. It's within the asus website
zentalk/thread-208297-1-1
Anyway just let me know what I need to do, thank you.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
powercouragewisdom

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40675#Comment_40675

Hello,

I purchased my phone in November and am using Mint Mobile. The issue was sporadic but seems to be happening more frequently now at home and work while connected to wifi. I would be happy to help find a solution. On a side note turning wifi off let my texts immediately come through and a comment from an old thread for a different phone mentioned changing the preferred network type to 2g/3g. I'm testing if that will work now but can change it back if needed.

Here's that thread for reference:

I can't post the exact link apparently but here the info if you google search it. It's within the asus website

zentalk/thread-208297-1-1

Anyway just let me know what I need to do, thank you.

View post
I sent you a PM.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Hi all. The sum total of all of these logs (thank you very much to those who provided them) is that we recommend contacting your mobile service provider directly. All of your devices were performing as expected. Please let them know what is going on, and that your phone's were logged with no trouble found. They might be able to provide a network side workaround.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Thankfully I don't make calls often and most of my messaging is data related rather than SMS so I can live with it. But, sadly, I will have to avoid and recommend against such phones in the future. Hardware is great, but some people have to be able to trust a phone to be a phone. T-mobile isn't going to help fix this any more than they care that I don't get voLTE or voWiFi or any more than Amazon cares that I don't get HD video. Live and learn. Thanks for trying to help, though.