This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next system update?

asaniket03
Rising Star I
When we expect next system update ? asus ?? no security updates since October ???
29 REPLIES 29

OPC
Zen Master II
This presumes that everyone will upgrade to A10. But what about those who for some reason will not upgrade? It should be like in Apple's world. My son's iPhone 5s was receiving security updates since recently, although not on the latest OS.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
OPC

This presumes that everyone will upgrade to A10. But what about those who for some reason will not upgrade? It should be like in Apple's world. My son's iPhone 5s was receiving security updates since recently, although not on the latest OS.

View post
Android OEMs won't bother doing that
Maintaining two builds based on different operating system is a fuss + it'll take up more resources and maintaining pie doesn't make sense cos 99% of the peeps will update to android 10 anyways
iOS is a different thing altogether ( i still doubt they doubt that they maintain their phones on let's say iOS 12 as they would 13)

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
I'm hoping that we are getting android 10 within 2-3 days , as it's already been a month testing beta for android Q . Asus we expect you to update Rog phone 2 by this month , it's already time please.

OPC
Zen Master II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42106#Comment_42106

Android OEMs won't bother doing that

Maintaining two builds based on different operating system is a fuss + it'll take up more resources and maintaining pie doesn't make sense cos 99% of the peeps will update to android 10 anyways

iOS is a different thing altogether ( i still doubt they doubt that they maintain their phones on let's say iOS 12 as they would 13)

View post
My iPad Air gen 1 from 2014 just received the update 12.4.4.As I am the person who doesn't change hardware every year, and when I do, my family inherits old hardware, this is important for me. I am disappointed by Samsung as I bought Note 8 in October 2017. This phone had a price similar to iPhone. This phone is now obsolete as it will not get Android 10. Also it got hacked 3 times through apps that I actually paid for in Google Play Store. Buy the time I got warned by Google Play Protect it was already late. I just hope my experience with Asus will be better. I don't care if the update comes one week or month sooner or later, but I care about long term support, bug free user experience and security. I have paid too high price with Samsung.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We're very close but it's Chinese New Year right now which means that it won't be released within 2-3 days. You just need to have a little more patience and you'll see that you will have it soon