This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 White Screen and back logo flashing red

wwwru98
Star I
hi there , its been a few days since I updated to the latest firmware (WW-16.0631.1910.35) and I pulled the phone from my pocket and unlocked it by pushing the power button and the screen became completely white and the logo on the back its flashing red , how can I solve this ? At the moment im just waiting for it to run out of power and pray for it to work but this isn t normal right ? Also long pressing the power button doesnt work , please help
EDIT : I managed to make it work again by pressing the volume down and power at the same time and it rebooted normally . If someone knows anything about this problem please share a solution , dont want this to happen again, thanks in advance.

24 REPLIES 24

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
caesar_kojak

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41219#Comment_41219

@LP_ASUS just to highlight here, the phone freeze and restart is happening in all scenarios whether the phone is in use, typing on keyboard, flipping through panels, scrolling on web, idle or locked...

The white screen and red logo mainly happens when the phone screen is locked or during the unlock process.

(Keeping in mind multiple factory resets have been preformed and it didn't change the issue..)

Hope this can be figured out soon.. waiting to hear from you

Thanks

View post
For the white screen/logo issue, can you provide steps to reproduce it? It appears when it's locked or during the unlock process, but can you trigger it on command?
For the restart issue, the software team would like to log your phone. I'll send you a PM with instructions.

caesar_kojak
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41303#Comment_41303

For the white screen/logo issue, can you provide steps to reproduce it? It appears when it's locked or during the unlock process, but can you trigger it on command?

For the restart issue, the software team would like to log your phone. I'll send you a PM with instructions.

View post
@LP_ASUS sorry the phone just kept on restarting had to return it today to the seller under warranty.. I have a feeling they will just factory reset and send it back to me and the issue goes on... Will keep you posted
And by the way it's not possible to reproduce on command just happens randomly couple of times a day.
Will definitely txt back here when I receive the phone again. Thanks for the reply

@LP_ASUS
Hey, still the same issue for me. So it does feel very random, I used my phone all day yesterday (screen was never off) and no problems at all. Then I lock it, put it down, go to pick it up and phone wont unlock then white screen.
I would say the problem is the locking of the screen part not the unlocking. I set my alarm for the mornings and if my phones dies in the night then no alarm in the morning, but when you try to unlock white screen etc.
I have tried playing with the locking times etc but no change. I can not reproduce it on command at all.
Happy to send logs etc
Cheers for the help, at least it is getting looked at.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
davidsquires56

@LP_ASUS

Hey, still the same issue for me. So it does feel very random, I used my phone all day yesterday (screen was never off) and no problems at all. Then I lock it, put it down, go to pick it up and phone wont unlock then white screen.

I would say the problem is the locking of the screen part not the unlocking. I set my alarm for the mornings and if my phones dies in the night then no alarm in the morning, but when you try to unlock white screen etc.

I have tried playing with the locking times etc but no change. I can not reproduce it on command at all.

Happy to send logs etc

Cheers for the help, at least it is getting looked at.

View post
Thank you for this post, I'll pass it to R&D for review. I'll send you a PM with the log tool and instructions as well.
Be advised that the software team is out of the office for Chinese New Years, so response times will be longer than normal.

caesar_kojak
Star II
@davidsquires56 @lp5566vs183
@LP_ASUS
Was there any update?
I'm still waiting for my phone to return from service to see if the issue continues..
Thanks