This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED on the back not working properly with notifications

todosi_george
Star II
The LED on the back does not blink when I get a new notification. I've already turned it on and configured it to have certain colors for certain apps in the Armoury Crate. After a notification I first need to press the power button to check the screen and then turn the screen off again for it to start blinking. This does not happen when I have the AeroCooler connected, so it seems to be working fine when the cooler connected.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any fix? Is it a known issue? I have the Strix version (the 8gb/128gb European edition).

18 REPLIES 18

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
yea same problem for me, good thing this phone still has a front LED indicator.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
todosi_george

The LED on the back does not blink when I get a new notification. I've already turned it on and configured it to have certain colors for certain apps in the Armoury Crate. After a notification I first need to press the power button to check the screen and then turn the screen off again for it to start blinking. This does not happen when I have the AeroCooler connected, so it seems to be working fine when the cooler connected.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any fix? Is it a known issue? I have the Strix version (the 8gb/128gb European edition).

LED on the back not working properly with notifications
Can you please tell me specifically which app it won't detect. Please make sure you don't have your phone in "do not disturb" or that the app it's not reacting to is set as a silent notification in the apps appinfo

todosi_george
Star II
In my case I've configured 3 apps: Girls Frontline (a game), ProtonMail (mail app) and Discord (chat app). Each with it's own color. But the issue does not seem to be related to detecting a certain app, the LED does not blink at all regardless from which app the notification is received. I've checked to make sure the phone is not in "do not disturbed" mode and that the apps are not set as silent notification and that "System Lightning" is turned on as well.
I've also swithced back to the "All Apps" notification options in the Armory Crate and the behavior is the same: the back LED does not blink unless the fan is attached or if I check the screen and then turn it back off.

OPC
Zen Master II
For me everything works except Discord. I get led both front and back (default colour in Armoury Crate) for all notifications, but Discord is not showing any at all. I have to go in the app to check. Why I have no idea?